Will Texans franchise Mario Williams

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans2004, Dec 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

I believe that Mario Williams is going to be a FA this yr. Will the Texans franchise him?

I think their is a good chance that they don't because he really didn't prove he could convert to a 3-4 OLBer.

He certainly fits Gray's scheme of having bigger DEs. If he does hit the open market would you make a move for him or does his injury history scare you off too much?

2. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Couldn't really care less. I'll be honest- I haven't thought about or noticed Mario Williams on the field since he was drafted.

Guy is one of the most overrated players in the NFL. Average. That's one reason the Texans didn't miss a beat when he got hurt.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I wish they'd let him walk, and maybe they will. Houston has to juggle signing him, Arian Foster, and their center Chris Myers among others.

I never thought he'd pan out as a OLB, but he could I guess. He found the QB 5 times in the 5 games he played.

4. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

It's going to be interesting to see what kind of contracts guys like Foster, Forte and Rice end up getting after everyone's watched what happened with CJ this year.

5. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

He may be overrated, but he's good - better than average. I'd love for us to get him... Especially since it'll piss the Texans off.

• High Five High Five x 2
  6. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I'm a full-time Forte & Foster hater, but they should get some big money for what they've done. I really hope Foster get's franchised, that way they'll have to let Williams go. I don't see him getting a long tern deal, and you only get one franchise-tag per year so we'll see.

Ray Rice is legit, he's worth every penny his agent asks for.

7. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

Yea those running backs are the backbone of their offense. With the exception of Foster because of AJ, but he shown his worth this season while he was out.

Those guys will still get paid. Maybe not Forte, depending on his rehab.

8. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

he'll have a long list of suitors, and I'm sure we'll be one of them.

we really should try to raid the rest of the AFC south this offseason, Reggie Wayne, Mario Williams, Jeremy Mincey, Matt Roth, Robert Mathis.

Lots of good talent in division.

9. TitanMark

TitanMark Pro Bowler

I dont think there is anyway the Texans keep Mario Williams. His franchise tag dollars would be about $19 million for one season, that would be 1/6th of their cap number. They have too many other issues to address. The Texans arent as complete a team as most Texan fans think they are. They may have the worst WR corp in the NFL after AJ and AJ isnt getting any younger and he is really starting to break down.

MW is overrated especially by Texan fans, of course. But he is good and I think he would fit really well in the Titans defense.

5 years $55 million, $20 million guaranteed is about what it will take.

10. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

High 5 for using the correct 'Couldn't really care less' rather than could care less.:)

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar