Will the media turn on Peyton Manning the way they have turned on Tiger?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by World Peace, Dec 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. World Peace

World Peace Nephew Gunner

<object width="512" height="328" classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" id="ordie_player_a4820e5cbc"><param name="movie" value="http://player.ordienetworks.com/flash/fodplayer.swf" /><param name="flashvars" value="key=a4820e5cbc" /><param name="allowfullscreen" value="true" /><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed width="512" height="328" flashvars="key=a4820e5cbc" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" quality="high" src="http://player.ordienetworks.com/flash/fodplayer.swf" name="ordie_player_a4820e5cbc" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"></embed></object><div style="text-align:left;font-size:x-small;margin-top:0;width:512px;"><a href="http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/a4820e5cbc/i-am-tiger-woods" title="from TWoods">I am Tiger Woods</a> from <a href="http://www.funnyordie.com/twoods">TWoods</a></div>

Just thought this needed to be added.

Edit: Possibly NSFW due to Language so get your headphones out.

2. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Word @ Laser. All I recall was watching Fox News at work, and they never seemed to doubt that those kids were great wholesome kids from the day the story broke.

But... that is Fox News.

3. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

I'd say it's turned into a gloat thing. you know, shock posting for response.

This is the same guy that doesn't think Tiger has (HAD) a marketable image. Perhaps Gloat has now learned the what marketable image actually means.

I'd like to assume Gloat is smarter and doesn't actually believe this story is so big all because of race, but I can't assume that. Instead I figure gloat is one of those people that see racism everywhere in every situation, sad.

4. World Peace

World Peace Nephew Gunner

I'm pretty sure Tashard Choice can be a bigger sports icon than Tiger Woods.

[​IMG]

Deuce, you got this yet!?

If so, bring it to the Chargers tailgate with some:

[​IMG]

5. Deuce Wayne

How's Tiger's marketable image now? He never has and never will have a marketable IMAGE. He's marketable as a golfer though. I know you can't comprehend this. You haven't after the most basic explanations... but here it is again.

If this has nothing to do with race- explain the other stories. Right. You can't explain the obvious twist on white athletes affairs- SOOOOO... just stick with saying it's something I'm making up. A white guy. A guy that dislikes Tiger Woods. Yeah. Makes sense.

6. Deuce Wayne

It's STILL hilarious. :suspect:

But yeah! Because I can understand the difference in image and skill. (I like Tashard as an athlete, but don't see him as marketable) Though if he magically became the best RB ever... he'd have as many endorsements as Tiger just due to being the best. As Tiger is.

Not brain science.

7. Laserjock

Laserjock South Endzone Rocks! Staff

You know...I am a pretty conservative individual in many ways....probably due to being a military brat and predominantly southern raised. However, I find Fox News to be a bit too slanted these days just like CNN tends to find itself leaning the other way. Its all media bias and is why I dip into several sources to try to avoid that trap!

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Explain this then. If Tiger is marketable only because of his golf skill, why are sponsors dropping him now?

9. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

The Duke Lacrosse kids were completely thrown under the bus, your recollection of that story isn't really accurate. They were immediately kicked off the team, the coach was fired, and Hell, the prosecutor even refused to drop the case after it was obvious to anyone that they didnt rape that girl. The early media reports of that story were completely one sided and portrayed the Duke guys as privelaged jerks, taking advantage of a lower class individual trying to pay her way through school. Fox news might have slanted it differently, I dont know, but most of the media was certainly more sympathetic to the alleged victim.

The difference in Ben and Kobe, is that Kobe actually had a criminal trial. At this point, there is really no new information regarding Ben's situation from a legal standpoint. It is more than possible that there will at least be a civil case, but at this point that hasnt happened, so there is nothing for the media to report.

10. HornedToad10

HornedToad10 Camp Fodder

Tiger did have a marketable image, he doesn't now. He wasn't marketable just because he was the world's greatest golfer, but because he seemed like a genuinely good, caring, "role-model" type of guy.

I personally have always liked Tiger because even as he won he did it with flair and seemed standup. I didn't/don't particularly like Jordan, Kobe, or Bonds because I didn't like their image. I did like Montana, Barry Sanders, Isiah Thomas(that has changed), Joe Dumars, Reggie Miller, etc.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar