Will the media turn on Peyton Manning the way they have turned on Tiger?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by World Peace, Dec 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

If you want to cheat, don't get married. If you're married, you shouldn't need to hide anything, if you do, you shouldn't be married...

2. World Peace

World Peace Nephew Gunner

You are absolutely correct. Being 23, I don't have marriage ambitions until age 30. I think this works best for myself. When I have dated gals in the past, they ALWAYS want to blow up the cell phone. I'm an introvert at heart, I'm not a phone person but this doesn't deter them. They interpret that as me trying to hide stuff.

I need to meet someone who an introvert that feels the same way about stuff as I do. I absolutely hate talking on the phone. That was my rational for the comment about not having a wife and a cell phone at the same time. It's all about meeting the person that meshes with you and how you live your life. Obviously, I haven't met that person yet.

I know guys who are married who's wives blow up their phone every time they leave the house. For example, my buddy's wife reminds me more of a mother than a wife. She has text alerts and every time he spends money that she hasn't approved, she calls him up and begins the grand inquisition.

I'm an IT consultant by trade. I value and know more about technology than most. As connected as technology has made us, I also feel like it's driven a wedge in between people because it's given people in relationship one more bridge that can be burned if not used responsibly. When I was with my ex girlfriend, she was checking out my phone, looked at my texts and saw a text from a gal named Kelly telling me "Good luck and to have a good day."

She thought this was inappropriate, but no matter how much I explained to her that Kelly was a 47 year old married woman w/ kids near my age and that she was the recruiter that helped me get my job and that we had lunch and discussed my new job at the time, she still was not satisfied with the answer. Needless to say, the weekend before, I see picture of her on facebook dancing with random dudes at the downtown night club district here in town. I could careless who my gal dances with because I know whos bed she was sleepin in that night. In fact, I never said a word about it to her. It was completely irrelevant. It just amazes me that women hold them self to an entirely different standard that they hold their significant other and they think that's the way it's supposed to be.

But if I get a text message from someone twice my age that is responsible for providing me with a job; telling me to have a good day and wishing me good luck on my new job... then that makes me a bad guy...

Needless to say, I hadda drop that crazy bia like a bad habit and my life has been much better since then. There are good men in life, and then there are guys like Tiger Woods. Those guys like Tiger Woods give us good guys a bad name because girls automatically assume that guys are trying to play them when it could be further from the truth. Also, women must take initiative to gain self respect and confidence. I feel that a person has very little self respect if they are knowingly sleeping with a married person. I have too much self respect to ever engage myself with a happily or even unhappily married woman and I hope women feel the same way about men.

3. wycheck28

wycheck28 Starter

i agree. so it should go like this if you are a young up incoming athlete DO NOT GET MARRIED because the fact is you will be tossing more nuts then a pissed off mechanic. when you are a athlete looks do not matter at all( tiger woods can confirm that because if tiger drove a bus he wouldn't be at a sex clinic) these girls have game plans on how to sleep with these guys. once you are tired of getting more azz then motley crue then settle down and get married.

4. madison

madison Camp Fodder

Forgot about that. I'll tell you like I told my brother, please only get married when YOU feel it is right and YOU are ready to leave the other ladies alone. Not saying this applies to you but he has been dating the same girl for 15 years and keeps a couple of women on the side I think she knows but so far has never left him just picked some nasty fights.

For my brother I think he needs to continue looking she has lost all trust in him which is why for her she blows up his cell phone, goes through his phone and email looking for odd numbers, she also calls the numbers to see if they belong to females.

5. World Peace

Datin a gal for 15 years!? Wow. Your bro has his pimp hand strong. LOL

Trust is essential in a relationship and if a gal can't trust me, then I kick her to the curb. I don't like to fight with people nor do I like to play games. I have no problem getting my stuff and disappearing without a phone if a girl drives me to that. Even if its from my own house. I'm not dumb. I would never hit a woman and growing up, I saw too much domestic violence within my own household (Not my father, my step father) so I know first hand how heated things can get between men and women and letting it get to that level not worth it in the long run.

IMO Life is too short to play games in a relationship. I know exactly what I want in life, and its a shame that athletes with fame and fortune can't make the same decisions. It's simple, if you wanna sleep around, don't get married. I don't know what is so hard about that!?

6. madison

madison Camp Fodder

I agree 210%. Yeah she was one of the 1st people he started dating when he moved to Seattle.

7. World Peace

I like how you say... 1 of the 1st. Your bro needs to write about book about how to pick up women. This guy sounds like he's the G homie funk master pimp daddy extraordinaire.

lol.. soulmates?
    [​IMG]

8. madison

madison Camp Fodder

You give him way too much credit, I think LOL! I don't think it's about him being a pimp he is sticking to what he has always said I'm not getting married until he feels it's right. He told me he has always been honest with her about that. I know the right time for him is when he is done being a wild child. Every now and again I will get a text or a phone call maybe I should and my question always is are you really ready?

Now that I think about it I worked with a guy back in I think 2000 or so in his late 50's at the time he had been dating his lady friend for 20 yrs and last I heard around 2007 they were still together, they lived together. Both had no intentions on getting married.

I still say there is too much media up in Tiger and Elin business, The today show, CNN and Nancy Grace even did a segment would she fair better financial if she stayed or if she left. IMO there are better news events to cover we are still at war, more americans are unemployed than ever. The economy in general.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar