Will the Titans draft Mariota if given the chance?

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Fishman35, Nov 12, 2014.

?
  1. Definitely

8 vote(s)
    13.1%
  2. Depends on Mett's performance the rest of the year

18 vote(s)
    29.5%
  3. No, we have bigger needs in the eyes of the FO

11 vote(s)
    18.0%
  4. No way

24 vote(s)
    39.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

it's beautiful

[​IMG]

• High Five High Five x 1
    • LOL LOL x 1
  2. titanthakur

titanthakur Pro Bowler

If he has a heck of a pro day Thursday, I say take a shot.

• Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
  3. LANGSTER

LANGSTER Pro Bowler

Bradford getting traded for foles hurts our chances at trade down

4. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

M
    Maybe not since the Rams are swapping at least one pick in 2015 (more value for the Eagles to trade) and a conditional 2016 pick (also anothe rpossible draft pick for them to make up for a lost pick).

Question is, do the Titans, Browns, or Chicago want Sam Bradford in a package of picks and players for the Eagles to move up.

5. tnfan47

tnfan47 Let's Get It

Bradford is only known for the last QB to get paid on being picked #1 overall before things were changed. Do not want.

6. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

So the rumors Eagles/Rams were swapping 1st or 2nd round picks turned out to be complete BS. Eagles don't have anymore ammo to move up than they did a day ago, perhaps they have less.. Bradford has 1 year left/a ton of $$ (QB's without long deals are worthless -- Foles is worth more IMO), and they traded away a 2016 2nd rounder.

DO NOT TRADE WITH THE EAGLES

7. Big TT

Big TT AKA QUADZILLA-STATE CHAMP-

Jim CarrolL Band....Old punk rocker here. Good job.

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. TitansAC4

TitansAC4 Starter

Wouldn't mind Bradford at all if we got 3 firsts and other picks. I think he definitely has talent, so if he could stay healthy he could help. Not likely, but he is probably a better option than Mett.

9. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

The fact that the Rams got the 2nd rnd pick in '16 from the Eagles makes me think one of two things and I don't like either. First, the Eagles can't trade for Mariot unless he falls to #10...so no trade with us. Or second, we trade with Eagles and take 1st and 2nd this year plus Bradford....and the Eagles get Mariota. And we get another injury prone QB who this time is a $13mil cap hit and on the final year of his contract.

Then Chip will be a genius and we will be the laughing stock when Bradford and gets hurt (and we don't re-sign Bradford him after giving up about a 2nd rnd pick in value for him) and out for the season, Orakpo tears both pecs simultaneously and is out for the season, Hardy pulls something and is suspended for the rest of the season....and we become a cautionary tale of what NOT to do!!!

Only a few possibilities now. First, Winston goes 1 and we take Mariota. Or take LW. Or take an EDGE rusher. Second, Mariota goes to TB and we take Winston. Third, we trade back so another team can take LW and we get one of the EDGE rushers in the top 6 picks and a couple of draft picks. Knowing our luck, we'll end up with Gregory and he will be Dion Jordan 2.0:(

10. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

I simplified it for myself. Draft Mariota or trade with someone who wants him more and take a pass rusher. There are about 5 that I would take in the 1st round. Morgan is 90% most likely gone, Worilds just freaking retired, Orakpo is a big time injury risk, we don't know what the NFL will do with Hardy, and Harrison was over the hill a couple years ago. My ideal scenario is Mariota in the 1st and the best remaining pass rusher in the 2nd. Use free agency to sure up the DL with a couple solid/depth signings (hello Dan Williams).

Mariota can mask our pass protection a little better than stone feet Mettenberger and I'll actually be excited to watch our games even though we'll most likely still finish with a losing record.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar