Will the Titans draft Mariota if given the chance?

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Fishman35, Nov 12, 2014.

?
  1. Definitely

8 vote(s)
    13.1%
  2. Depends on Mett's performance the rest of the year

18 vote(s)
    29.5%
  3. No, we have bigger needs in the eyes of the FO

11 vote(s)
    18.0%
  4. No way

24 vote(s)
    39.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

I think the Jets and Bucs will take Mariota and Winston before we draft, but if given the opportunity, we'd draft Mariota.. Well be desperate..

Plz no Connor Cook unless we trade back to 15-20 or 2nd round ..I actually rather avoid Cook altogether though.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. Young54

Young54 Starter

I saw a Cook highlight on you tube (for whatever that's worth). Good accuracy but nothing blew me away. I would like a QB that can put more zip on a ball.

I was however impressed with his OLine! Dude only saw pressure like twice the whole video.

3. Aqutis30

Aqutis30 Do you mind - NOT being a Motaur?

I say we throw chit load of $ at Phillip Rivers when he's a FA.

4. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Im game. but thats in 2 years time

I hope we're not this bad in 2016

5. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Mariota makes plenty of big plays with his arm...but in that system.

The problem with Winston is we aren't talking about stealing a computer. We are talking about an alledged RAPE and multiple breaking of team rules. His maturity is a major question mark both on and off the field. And in today's climate...your star QB could end up on the commisioner's exempt list and deactivated while CW has to start and we wasted a 1st rnd pick and a few more years...

Winston has also gotten very lucky in a lot of these college games. He should have had 5 picks against Louisville. He would have had a few more picks with his performance in the Notre Dame game too. While he looks like a first round pick and even a top 5 pick for stretches, it's the stretches where he doesn't that worries me. And when combined with the off the field stuff, he is a very big risk/reward player.

Cook is not a first round player IMO. You can't go just by highlights, you have to watch games. He does have a smooth release but he does have accuracy issues.

6. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

The 'problem' I have with Mannion is he has a major hitch in his delivery of medium to deep balls. That means two things. First, he doesn't have a strong arm and second he needs to change his mechanics. At times he looks very good reading a defense and at other times not so much. I think he will be a mid-later round prospect. He IS Whiz's type of QB, just not sure how talented he is.

If he's running, he's running for his life as he is NOT a mobile QB.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  7. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

I think there is a very good chance both QB's are gone in the first 4 picks. I could see the Raiders taking Winston or Mariota if they aren't completely sold on Carr. I could see Tampa taking one but to me they are less likely. I think the Jets will get a new HC and that new HC will draft a new QB.

If that new Jets HC is Harbaugh from SF, they will take either QB. If we take Cook with the 5th pick in the draft it will be a BIGGER gamble than Locker was. No thanks!!!

8. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Watch a Locker highlight video from his college days and you'd think he has good accuracy too. Watch games and it's a different story. Can he be accurate, sure. But is he consistently accurate with ball placement? No.

9. GOFIGURETITANS

GOFIGURETITANS Pro Bowler

You need to add one more option to your possible answers. I propose

5) Is Mariota a guard?

10. TitanTime

TitanTime Special Teams Standout

To say Winston has "Gotten lucky" at the end of games is laughable. After you do it several times (once being in the national championship game), it's not luck. Someone posted a stat earlier about Winston's 4th quarter stats when trailing and it was remarkable. Something like 70% completion (if I remeber correctly), and a very good TD/INT ratio. I would say Clutch is a better word than lucky.

• High Five High Five x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar