Will Thursday deals work in Haynesworth's favor?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by NewsGrabber, Feb 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Laserjock

Laserjock South Endzone Rocks! Staff

I don't get it. Why would the Titans FO come out in an article and say "we can afford Albert" if they are not willing to do so? MR is not stupid...I think he has done a really good job so far, so he knows what it would take to keep AH here.

2. psychotictitan

psychotictitan Its About That Time...

Completely agree,MR knows how to put value to a player and if he feels that Albert's asking price is to high then hes going to let him walk. If anything we've learned that MR moves at his own pace when it comes to FA, he doesnt take a nose dive right into FA ,he lets the "smoke clear" so to speak before he makes his move. Like Fish and MR said at their press conference,they have already graded our own FA and the others that are out their so they obviously have a plan on how there going to go about signing players. I'm only going to make my final opinion on FA when everything is pretty much done,i'll add my 2 cents in here and there but untill then i'll let the front office due there thing because thats what their paid to do ;)

3. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

I wouldn't back myself into a corner and insist on taking a DT in the first round but you make a real good point. A lot of fans have expressed frustration over the years because so many DTs get developed and leave in FA. Thornton was a 2nd round pick in 1999, Robaire Smith was a 6th round pick in 2000. AH was drafted in 2002. Right now on our roster we have two solid players in T. Brown and J. Jones. Basically except for a few years where Rein Long had injury issues (he was a solid pass rusher and developing) and Starks looked like superman his rookie year but fizzled DT hasn't been a problem getting decent production and Washburn is good at develoiping talent and you don't have to have an early 1st rounder for him to have success. Even if AH leaves it isn't like we will have little bo peep playing DT. Heck, a 5th round pick of ours who tore his knee up his rookie year was picked up by the Colts and started for them and played pretty well which tells me MR can find some quality guys even if it is later in the draft. Also, judging by how we scout potential DE talent I'm confident we will have a solid DL for a while. Now if we can just get a WR.

4. nate42104

nate42104 Camp Fodder

Just because people can afford $100,000 vehicles, doesn't mean they will shell out the $ for one. If anyone knows the trap of the salary cap, it's the Titans. As much as I'd love to see AH stay here, and we will keep him if we get decent value, I'd prefer never to go back to those days ever again.

It simply doesn't make sense to grossly overpay for any 1 player on a 53-man roster. And, by overpay I don't mean a dollar amount, I mean relative to what his market value is relative to other players comparable to him among other factors. That said, I hope we can retain him at a fair market value.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar