Will Vince Young throw at the combine.

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by titanduck77, Feb 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

Yeah, eleven years ago we drafted a running quarterback. What a mistake that was.

2. VolnTitan

VolnTitan Starter

Every player holds his own combine. They have for years. Called Pro Days.
    They will do EVERY drill that is done at the combine. They just choose to do it in a more comfortable surroundings. I don't see why so many are getting their panties in a wad over this. It ain't that big of a deal.

As far as Young's arm, his arm is very strong and he was the top rated QB in college football.

3. Carpy

Carpy Disgruntled foreign veteran

Even if Young and Leinart did throw at the combine, if we were making our decision based on this as opposed to studying 3+ years of game film from each player, then shame on us.

4. VolnTitan

VolnTitan Starter

EXACTLY! Well said Carpy.

5. PragIdealist

PragIdealist Guest

It IS a good point. So why don't they compete? I have to go with Vigsted on this one. Teams are not going to be basing their decisions soley on how they do in the combine. They are going to take into accout that they dont know their recievers and that its just one workout. But it is also the one time to compete against the others prospects on an even playing field (more of less). And face it, these guys don't want to do that. They WANT all the advantages they can get.

I think they are over estimating their place on teams boards and they are trying to play conservative by hiding their weaknesses. I don't really blame them, but I am a bit dissappointed in their decisions. I want to see and hear about competitions, not political manuevering (sp?)- :hmm: Ok, I actually like to follow politics- but not when it comes to the draft. - and I want a competitor for our franchise guy- a guy that truly believes and WANTS to compete to show it- not a guy that wants to sit and collect accolades from his team's success.

6. VolnTitan

VolnTitan Starter

Prag...

Would you want Reggie Bush if he fell to us?

7. PragIdealist

PragIdealist Guest

Would I want him, yes. Do I think we should get him, no. Its one of those really difficult decisions. Bush is and is going to continue to be an electifying player. But we need a franchise qb and I dont see us being is this position again, where we have a commanding draft position and three potential franchise qbs in the draft. If bush was going to be a Barry Sanders running back with both the explosivenes and power, then I might be able to say a franchise rb instead would work. But I dont know if Bush can be that type of running back. He is going to be scary good yes. But I dont know if he can take over an nfl game. Thats the only way I see that you want a franchise rb over a franchise qb. So, no. I would still get our franchise qb. :hmm:

8. VolnTitan

VolnTitan Starter

I assume if we needed a RB though and had a choice you would take Deangelo Williams....

9. fitantitans

fitantitans This space For Rent

Young will not show-off.

I just read a story whereas Young will attend the combine but will not throw or run. Is he affraid of being nailed a one-game-wonder?
    Young runs/scrambles well and has a strong arm, why hide them?
    I don't understand his decision.
    "I'm getting drafted 1,2 or 3, I don't need to do all that crap!" Is that his thinking?

10. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

probabaly, and it's probabaly bush's thinking and leinart's thinking too. i doubt either of them will run/throw at the combine.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar