Will Vince Young throw at the combine.

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by titanduck77, Feb 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Why take any chances when the best they can do is keep their current draft postions and the worst they can do is fall.

2. PragIdealist

PragIdealist Guest

Why? Because he's going to the combine and didn't win a championship? :ha:

I don't dislike Lienart or Young. I just wish they would compete at the combine. I wish Bush would compete too, but Bush does have a bit more separation with the other Rbs. I would still like him to compete though.

Man, I'm happy with whoever the titans decide to draft. I think the good part about where we are is that even if we "mess up" we'll still end up getting a good player.

3. PragIdealist

PragIdealist Guest

Because they can keep their current draft position instead of fall? :))

4. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I'll agree that this Pro Day/Special Workouts thing is getting out-of-hand. I'd love to hear a scout's opinion on it.

The NFL could say that the Combine is the only place a player will be evaluated and that Pro Days will not be attended. Of course that will never happen but I would think NFL scouts were prefer for everyone to be evaluated in the same conditions.

5. VolnTitan

VolnTitan Starter

Prag...

My point is that I assume you would rather have Williams than Bush because Williams will participate in the combine and Bush won't.

People are making WAY to big a deal out of this. Bush, Leinhart and Young are easily the top 3 players in the draft and we will have to opportunity to get one of them. Any other year, all those guys would be considered the #1 pick in the draft.

6. PragIdealist

PragIdealist Guest

I understand your point and it's a good one. We probably are making too big a deal about it. But I think thats because the football news (draft or otherwise) is pretty quiet.

I dont think those three are the top three easily though, which is probably our main difference in opinion. I think Bush is the top candidate fairly easily (talent-wise at least), though some might say D'Brick could factor in there. But I think the qb situation is much more open than that. I think Leinhart, Young, and Cutler are fairly interchangable depending on what you are looking for.

I think Bush, Leinhart, and Young are the top consensus or popular picks, but not necessarily talent wise. If you want to take the top consensus or popular picks home and believe in them, I can't and don't blame you. There are some valid reasons for them being the top consensus or popular picks. I just happen to disagree. ( with reasons that I think are equally valid.) :winker:

7. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

That's an opinion, not fact. I don't have those 3 as my top 3, I have Brick above at least one, maybe even 2 of them. And the Combine could have changed that even more.

8. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

I'm not a big combine believer either, but the nfl will play politics on you if you are not careful. You have to remember their is a lot of money floating around. And let's say someone decides to start a nasty rumor about Young (He's got a bum elbow), and for what ever reason it sounds credible, then Young hadsdone nothing to prevent that rumor from dropping his value. The combine can be a safety valve should someone try to tear you down. And like I was saying, where there is a lotta money to be made, there are evil people lurking.

9. sirjesse

sirjesse Starter

I guess he decided to skip the combine.......because he was afraid they might ask him some wonderlic questions....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar