Will we ever see another Steve McNair?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by corymiller, Dec 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stan

Stan Infinite

And McNair had affairs with many different women throughout his career. While he didn't rape them, he wasn't some saint by any means. But yea, that man could play some football.

2. Ghost

Ghost 3 Time US Navy 7th Fleet "Hogging" Champion

Steve was never a "gym-rat". He was just a good old "country strong" boy from Mississippi. He learned the true meaning of hard work and selflessness growing up. Busting his ass on a farm from dusk till dawn. With the way the league is now as far as injuries are concerned I doubt we will ever see any other player like him. Much less a QB.

He was not perfect, I think we all know that by now, or at least we are assuming that. No one really knows what happened in that apartment that night. One thing we do know is that Titans fans lost a hero and an icon of our past greatness.

Favre is much the same way, perhaps we should just start drafting QBs from Mississippi. Whats Brett's nephew doing now? Is he out of jail yet? Is he still playing for Mississippi State? Kid threw for 63 tds and 5,590 yards as a high school senior he also ran for 1,228 yards and 18 tds. wtf....Yeah... they won state.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. corymiller

corymiller New Era Connoisseur

Did you not read the final sentence of my post? I know Mac wasn't a saint. I was a valet guy his final years playing for the titans at the Sheraton downtown and he would often show up with girls, tip us a bill to keep it close, and a few hours leave alone. In not naive enough to think he was playing checkers with them.

4. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

Very true, as learned in his "A Football Life" lol. But my point was other QBs will be as strong as he was. Different method, same result.

5. dtm586

dtm586 The Master Jedi

Agreed. Closet thing to Mac-9 is Big Ben. Both didn't and don't always have those "flashy" stats ... but they have heart, guts, plain through pain and make plays.

Not a Ben fan at all, just saying.

6. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

I disdain Big Ben, but he was better than McNair. If we had roethlisberger here, he'd have a monument here by now. We tend to love any above average player because we've seen so few of them here.

7. cdubbs2121

cdubbs2121 Pro Bowler

People really hate our unis that much? I was never a fan til the year we became the Titans and thought the unis were so sick

8. Ghost

Ghost 3 Time US Navy 7th Fleet "Hogging" Champion

I like our first Titans unis... and then they came out with the light blue pants, pants that look like they were stolen from a San Francisco parade.

9. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Hopefully not.

Overrated.

10. Ryudo

Ryudo Farten Up

I love our light blue Uni's. Makes not look cliche and stand out. I also don;t get the macho insecure "but dey dunt put fear in ppls eyez" ...I never seen a 2 year old afraid of any football jersey period and everything scares them

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar