Will Webster ignore the OL again?

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Thaddeus43, Nov 20, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thaddeus43

Thaddeus43 Sunshiner President

OL has been a HUGE problem for the last 2 years. Our starters would barely be backups on other teams, and our backups should be on the streets.

Most fans realized this going into the draft last year, and Webster still ignored glaring holes on the OL. When he did try to fill 1 hole (RT) he tries to stick a square peg in a round hole.

Now we are in the exact same situation as last year. Terrible OL with no depth.

It seems we are struggling at almost every position on the OL. Lewan is struggling at LT, Warmack has been struggling at RG his whole career, our C has been crap no matter who is in there for the last few years, and the game of musical chairs at RT is just laughable.

HOWEVER, this situation is easily fixable IMO ... Webster just needs to stop ignoring the problem and go do something about it. Here is what I would do as GM

LT/RT - Go out and get a legit LT in the 1st round. Move Lewan to RT ... with a top 5 LT and Lewan at RT, we should have no problems at the position.

RG/LG - Poutasi was almost unanimously considered a G (at least by everyone but Webster) ... Don't just let this be a waste of a pick, lets just slide him over to RG where he belongs. His experience at RT should really help his development, but lets put him where his skill set can actually be utilized.

Move Warmack over to LG where he played in College.

C - Go out and sign the best FA Center we can. Having a savvy vet at C can really help out the entire OL. We saw that with Mawae.

Depth - Keep Byron Bell as depth. He is decent enough at RT, and has shown he can fill in at G if needed. Basically that keeps us covered if any OL position goes down with injury (except C).

That is really only 2 moves (sign C, draft LT) ... but I think it would give us a very solid OL.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  2. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

I wouldn't say we've ignored OL. We have two top-11 picks starting on the OL and threw a bunch of money at it. Just being totally wrong in the player evaluation is what is killing us.

• High Five High Five x 4
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
    • Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
  3. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

But to answer your question, no, Webster will not ignore the offensive line because he won't ****ing be here to do it!

• High Five High Five x 3
    • Cheers Cheers x 2
    • Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  4. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Shouldnt be here but who knows... our owners do a good job leaving us all wondering

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. 2ToneBlueBlood

2ToneBlueBlood Pro Bowler

This should be the plan going into the offseason. If we're sitting in a top 3 position we need to draft Tunsil from Ole Miss. Lewan is an RT and just maybe Poutasi can play guard well (he's gotta be better than Joe Looney right?).

It always seems the talent in the draft falls the opposite way of what we need it to. We need a Julio Jones/AJ Green/Amari Cooper type of game changer at WR and there isn't one this year. All of the top talent is mostly on defense and our defense is fine.

• High Five High Five x 2
  6. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Yea, Webster is a goner.

Floyd Reese + Adam Gase + retain LeBeau, please.

Floyd already said on the radio he would love to be the team president. Gase wants to be a HC and has made Cutler look amazing... And Denver's offense blows without him.

Then in a dream scenario we trade for Jeffery, Thomas, or Sanders... and I assure you that this is doable with the Bears and Broncos both in rebuild mode.

Then we dominate this division for years to come.

It's not hard... But is our ownership this logical? Doubtful.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  7. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

Reese said some ugly crap after 59-0

8. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Well you can't blame him for that.

He's also had plenty of bad things to say about our team since he's been on the radio... And it's all well deserved.

9. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

I can and I do blame him for badmouthing the Titans

10. 615nick

615nick Starter

I hate when people bash my team too, goT, but the truth hurts sometimes. I wouldn't mind a guy willing to call out our issues. If it's broke fix it

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar