Williams ready for first kick returns

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans Insider, Oct 30, 2013.

1. Dman

Dman Starter

I miss pacman returning punts, he was good too
  2. mike75

mike75 Starter Tip Jar Donor

As long as he secures the ball thats all i care about.The dumb mistakes like letting the ball hit the back of the leg or catching the ball at the 1 yard line then taking it into the end zone need to be a thing of the past.
  3. SawdustMan

SawdustMan Pro Bowler

You gotta figure there's nowhere to go but up.

But the thing that concerns me is, if D-Will is a solid returner then why wasn't he doing it in the first place? Particularly after Reynaud struggled time and time again?
  4. steverife

steverife Starter

I remember him doing it in the pre-season (maybe as a rookie) and being pretty uninspiring at it.
  5. RockyTop Fox

RockyTop Fox Defensive Coordinator

Meh. I'd rather put CJ back there if he can do it. He needs to earn his paycheck and he definitely is not doing that as a RB. Even if he gets injured, we won't be missing that much production.
    • High Five High Five x 1
  6. Dman

Dman Starter

I think Munch was just trying to validate having Reynaud on the team so he kept putting him in there and gave him too many attempts imo.
  7. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

He can barely catch lobs thrown his way from 5 yards out... how's he going to catch a ball from 60 yards out?

Being a PR is a lot more difficult than people think.
  8. ImATitan

ImATitan Starter

Agreed, but the past is the past.
  9. nbtoppers2

nbtoppers2 Starter

all he has to do is catch the ball and not cause safeties or opposing TDs. just doing that gives us +3-7 points a game in scoring margin over reynaud.
  10. RockyTop Fox

RockyTop Fox Defensive Coordinator

Absolutely being a PR is harder than people think, but CJ did it in college so he has experience. A few days of practice should be enough to get most of the rust off, and he could be a very explosive returner. He needs to help us somehow.