Williams Signs with Titans

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Nov 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ryan

Ryan FREE WILLY!!!

Not that it means anything but his speed in Madden is only 84. Very slow.

2. Ubiq

Ubiq BAMF

His lower body looked a little thick to me during the Oakland game... I'd say he's somewhere around 240.

3. LT21Titans27

LT21Titans27 Tebow Apostle

I wonder what B Jones and R Williams are thinking right now

4. Ryan

Ryan FREE WILLY!!!

They both can go for all I care

<------ That man is better then both of them

5. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

The Raiders are (2-8) and have lost their last six straight. What is "halfway decent" about that? The Raiders are ranked 21st in defense and 24th in offense. Despite having four quarterbacks they rank 28th in the league in passing. If you paid any attention to Raider football you would know that. They are last place in what is arguably the weakest division in football.
    So, do you just watch your local broadcast or what? Sounds like you are tuning in for the Bears each week when the Titans are on. If there wasn't a chance they couldn't make something of Williams he wouldn't be there at all. Might as well make lemonade with a lemon.
    Yes I was and you probably knew that already. That is just a fine example how attitudes of people can be on target. All I know is that whomever deserves a shot gets a shot.
    The guy is probably going to be a flop but just the same... him being here doesn't affect anyone else here any more or less deserving of a chance. We have an overall poor group of receivers here and Mike Williams may be a bum but I do not want a sense of complacency in the receiving corp. I'm getting tired of you dodging time and time again the point I'm trying to make about competition. Just taking a never-was and throwing him into the mix makes the other guys work harder for fear of losing their roster spot.
    Don't LOL me man. I made reference to his 2002 playoff run. Sure, I mentioned he wears a SB ring. I stopped well short of implying he pulled some kind of Tom Brady like relief effort. Being a qb who led a team to a playoff win is significant. Means nothing? Please. So a qb is useless unless he wins a Super Bowl now? All I was arguing was that his best days were not in the XFL but in the NFL where he found success as a starter in 2002 and actually won a playoff game. Some time later as a result of his admirable play he secured a roster spot as a veteran back up for Ben Roethlisberger. (after losing the starting job very early in the season because of injury) He may have lost that job to Big Ben but he earned a back-up role on past performances. (yes, he did slip to #3, granted, but that doesn't take anything away from 2002) Point is, being on a team that wins a Super Bowl is very good days. That's better than any XFL days. Most anyone would agree with that.
    Have you ever asked a girl out? Sometimes you just give it a shot. Who cares if it doesn't work. We are no worse off. I'd oppose all of this if it was a trade.
    No I'm not comparing Terrell Owens to Mike Williams. I'm comparing peoples attitudes toward players. 90% of everyone said T.O. wouldn't work out in Big D or anywhere else for that matter. They were all wrong. It's not about who is a better football player or person. It's about how the popular opinion can be be proven wrong given enough time for the actual result to play out.

6. deeluxx3

deeluxx3 Camp Fodder

:sigh:, if you read my post thoroughly, you wouldve read that I said "earlier this year", ya know, when they were 2-2. It's not like all of their games are blowouts either. They have put up 180 points as opposed to their opponents putting up 223. So basically they are losing their games by an average of a TD. Not terrible, and better than last year.

How you come to the conclusion that I watch the Bears over the Titans is beyond me, but thats irrelevant. BMW's biggest play was beating Terance Newman at the end of last year. Since then and before then, he had done nothing.

What has he done to deserve a shot? You keep avoiding this question.

Mike Williams isnt competition. He wasnt competition in Detroit, and he wasnt competition in Oakland. While our receivers arent as good as DET's or OAK's, they can atleast run fast and catch the ball once in a while. 2 things Mike cant do. Outside of this years Oakland game, when have you even seen him play? For some reason, Im thinking never.

Sorry for laughing. I guess I have that habit when I read somethings that funny. COngrats on Maddox winning a playoff game, he can now join the countless number of other QBs who have also won a playoff game. Should Frank Reich and Rex Grossman go down as very good QBs, too? He didnt even have that backup role when they won the SB. Charlie Batch was 2nd string. Maddox was third. His days with Pit werent even that notable, given he had Plaxico Burress AND Hines Ward to catch for him. He had 38 TDs to 33 INTs in those two years. Wow...someone get this guy's bust ready in Canton.

Jim Sorgi has a Super Bowl ring. How did he play that season? What did he do to get his team to the big game? About as much as Maddox did.

Low risk high reward--you're not telling me anything I dont know.

The thing where you're wrong, though, is that TO can actually play football, even though he has a bad attitude. Mike Williams cant play and he has a bad attitude. You comparing both proves absolutely nothing.

7. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Time to bring Patches in.

[​IMG]

"If you can catch a wrench, you can catch a ball."

He'll get that fat azz in shape.

8. Ubiq

Ubiq BAMF

The simple fact that he was one of the best collegiate wide receivers of all time as a frosh and sophomore gives him a shot in my book. If he wasn't screwed in the Clarrett case, then there is no telling what he would have done during his junior season.

I know that doesn't mean jack in the NFL, but it's not like this guy is some talentless bum. He may end up getting cut by the end of the season, or he may end up putting his extraordinary talent to somewhat of a use.

At some point, Mike woke up and didn't give a crap about football anymore. Maybe he gets it back, and we strike gold. If he doesn't, then we show him the door and he can live off of his rookie signing bonus for the rest of his life. No big deal.

9. deeluxx3

deeluxx3 Camp Fodder

None of that tells me that he deserves a shot. People who work hard, come to practice, and dont have an attitude deserve shots. Mike doesnt fit into any of those categories.

10. kak23

kak23 Camp Fodder

He deserves a shot because he is fat and lazy, and fat and lazy people are rewarded and are good for society.

Now, that's just a fact.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar