Williams v McCaffrey - Draft Wars Rd. 1

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by The Hammer, Apr 15, 2017.

Which prospect would you rather the Titans take?

Poll closed Apr 18, 2017.
  1. Williams

57.5%
  2. McCaffrey

42.5%
  1. 8isGreat

8isGreat Special Teams Standout Tip Jar Donor

Last edited: Apr 17, 2017
  2. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

I voted McCaffrey, Mike Williams screams bust to me (or just mediocre career).

McCaffrey could start out as a guy you can line up anywhere, especially on 3rd downs, and then after Murray is done we can have a nice combo with him and Henry.
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  3. TitansWrath

TitansWrath Pro Bowler

I don't really want a McCaffery pick, because I think other players will better suit our needs.

But I wouldn't hate it. And I would much prefer it to a Williams pick. I just don't see anything special there. I don't even like him as much as I liked Justin hunter or DGB.

I will say McCaffery is a very safe pick. Team guy. Professional. I could see jrob getting wood for a guy like that, and if he's around at 18, pulling the trigger.
  4. nytitaner

nytitaner Starter

At 18 I'm more than good with McCaffrey but I doubt he's there. I don't want Mike Williams at 5 (prefer defense) but I think he's gonna be good, his attitude,physicality and hunger for the rock remind me of Dez. He showed toughness and big heart coming back from neck injury and in that championship game.
  5. 2ToneBlueBlood

2ToneBlueBlood Starter

Williams is my 2nd fav. WR after Corey Davis. But I don't want either at #5. I wouldn't want McCaffery at #18 unless there really wasn't another option. With all of the QBs, O-line, and RBs that should go before pick 18, that should push some good players down to us.