Willie McGinest anyone?? Veteran presence.. 2 year deal??

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by bigreese82, Mar 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yes we need a tough LB like Arrington or a speedy one like Witherspoon, and a veteran receiver is a must on our team.

2. NYTitansFan

NYTitansFan Guest

Witherspoons my #1 choice over Arrington and McGinest in that order

3. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

i still think Julian Peterson is an option

he's young and hasn't produced since his injury
    meaning he should be cheap

but he's still a ballhawk

4. metal957

metal957 Starter

Thanks Puck forgot about him. I wouldn't mine having him either at a cheap price.

5. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

Still don't know how cheap Peterson would actually be, but I'd be willing to see.

6. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

Aarington and Peterson will surely go for top dollar. We're not the only team that suddenly gained 10 mil ya know...

7. NYTitansFan

NYTitansFan Guest

ohh yeah i forgot other teams got more too no just kidding our best bet would be witherspoon

8. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

McGinest doesn't project into our scheme of a 4-3 zone panty waste scheme. I would look for him to sign relatively easy with either the Browns, and maybe if the Jets switch to a 3-4.

9. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

The Browns will try to nab McGinest if the Pats don't resign him to a lesser deal. You know that Crennel would love to have him teach his young team. The Browns have plenty of cap room as well.

Of the FA LBs last yr the biggest SB was 8.5mil for Ian Gold and the largest cap hit was 4.9mil for Kendrell Bell. We have the money to offer Peterson or Witherspoon a 15 mil SB with a low base which would only eat up about 4 mil of the cap room we have.

Word is that Del Rio really wants Witherspoon. Hopefully Reese can swipe him away from the Jags or at least raise his price a substantial bit.

10. theprizdfighter

theprizdfighter Newb to the 19.5°

Cato June is FA get him then draft D'Qwell Jackson for MLB in the 2nd round..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar