Wimbley and Morgan- MIA???

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by nickmsmith, Sep 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Noo thats not true at all.

I see the guy making plays regularly, stop watching the ball man, lots of good stuff going on.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

Morgan may not be an elite rusher, but he's not MIA, that's for sure.

Expectations will be very high for him, due to him being our 1st round pick, but I seriously can't find a reason to complain about him the past 2 seasons. He may not have great stats, but he is someone who plays with a motor and gets very good pressure.

As for KW, he needs to be charged with robbery. I thought for sure he would be a monster in his time in Nashville. There really is no excuse for what KW brings to the table. It's not like he is getting double teamed, doesn't have any type of injury, isn't undersized for an DE. So what seems to be the problem? That, I don't know.

3. Ten_Titans

Ten_Titans Pro Bowler

Wimbly does have a sack...

4. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

He's only played a handful of snaps.

5. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

At first I thought you were talking about Kendall Wright and I was like what?!? hahaha... Glad I figured that out.

Regarding Morgan once more.. I saw someone say he's a C+ DE and I disagree, he's better than that.. He's a B

6. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

he had good form though, planted that foot like a boss

7. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

despite Rivers going 20 of 24 he was forced too throw under the coverage pretty much all day.
    'la Vagician' could have crushed the reciever the one time PR went deep over the middle - but his vag lacked moisture or something and he took his ankles out - barely!

Oh back too my point. PR was forced too throw under the coverage all day completing 20 passes for like 9 yards a completion. NFL is averaging like 11 ypc so PR got about 20% less than NFL average on each toss of the rock.

One of the reasons PR could not go beyond the LBs, basically, is because he could not step up.

8. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Morgan is a good all around player.

Why no mention of Sammie Hill who is our 2nd highest paid D-lineman? A career backup making starting money who has only played half a game.

We have found out the same things that caused 2 other teams to be willing to get rid of Wimbley. He does one thing fairly well but is not an elite pass rusher. The Raiders cut him outright with no compensation.

I think they will reneg Stevens and griffin to lighten the cap hit and keep them a couple more years.

9. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Morgan was the #3 4-3 end according to football focus last year. So of course Dunce thinks he sucks.

Morgan is on pace for about 38 tackles, 10 sacks and 5-6 PD based on his numbers this year. His cap hit the next 2 seasons will be $2.5M and $2.8M respectively. Not much to compain about there.

10. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

I thought Morgan played fine. He didn't really get his name called, but basically every time the Titans got a pressure or made a big play on the interior, Morgan had gotten a good push. That is how he is effective.

I don't know why Kam can't even be slightly effective.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar