Welcome to goTitans.com! Log in or sign up to be a part of the best Tennessee Titans fan site available.

Windows 8/ Microsoft Surface

Discussion in 'Gear' started by Tennessy XO, Dec 27, 2012.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 2 users.
  1. Tennessy XO @TennessyXO

McNair
    Moolah:
    $9,257
    Zune > iPod as far as a music player. Zune music, if it is still called that, is still awesome on Windows RT and mobile devices.
    Scarecrow and Deuce Wayne high five this.
  2. 2ToneBlue Starter

Moolah:
    $574
    They use quite a bit of PC hardware now, Intel chips, standard DD3 memory you can buy online (Crucial/Corsair/Kingston), etc. They're not as different as they used to be hardware wise. They generally put on a altered connector/configuration of some sort then stamp it Apple.

Co-Worker went out and dropped like 4 grand on the new line that just came out, just because she "had to have the Mac."
    • Tip Jar Donor

Gunny Lord and Master

Wright
    Moolah:
    $4,355
    Wow. Idiot.
  3. Deuce Wayne Damnit, I cant find my driving moccasins anywhere!

Martin
    Moolah:
    $15,237
    Zune was definitely better than ipod. And the Zune-pass idea was brilliant at the time, they just didnt market it well. Typical Microsoft.

Zune HD >>>>>
  4. World Peace n/a

Moolah:
    $3,659
    I don't buy products from company's that have to install suicide nets at their factories to keep workers from killing themselves.

[IMG]

and yes, I know FoxConn makes components found in almost every computer but this organization is also wholly responsible for all apple products.
    Scarecrow and Titans Eternal high five this.
  5. Titans Eternal Got the swagger of a cripple

Pollard
    Moolah:
    $4,763
    • Tip Jar Donor

avvie Ke ali'i o na okole

McNair
    Moolah:
    $1,468

Wait, isn't that LP Field?...
  6. Titans Eternal Got the swagger of a cripple

Pollard
    Moolah:
    $4,763
    [IMG]
    Fry high fives this.
  7. citizenthom Rookie

Moolah:
    $117
    I was really looking forward to getting a FULL Windows 8 hybrid tablet (like the Asus Vivo Tab). Windows RT is a non-starter for me because it will ONLY run Windows Store programs, which means next to nothing right now.

Unfortunately Microsoft has screwed up the release of their Windows tablets ROYALLY because of major problems with the Intel "Clover Trail" processor they use. The Asus Vivo Tab, the Lenovo Thinkpad Tablet 2, and Microsoft's own Surface Pro are next to impossible to find for sale and immediate shipping, and they all have driver problems of varying degrees.

I also considered the Lenovo Twist laptop till I played with three of them and found that ALL of them had major screen rotation problems, e.g. would not flip back to laptop mode after being twisted into tablet mode.
  8. Fry Hatin' is what I do.

Casey
    Moolah:
    $12,899
    So you've had just about three month to fiddle with it. Still enamored? I've eked out three more months out my laptop, but it's pretty much nonfunctional now. I smacked it yesterday and it restarted...

I've played with Windows 8 at Best Buy and I hate it. Don't really want to spend $1200 on a Mac Book. Kind of stuck right now.