Windows Vista

Discussion in 'Gear' started by NYTitansFan, Jan 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. paraconspiracy

paraconspiracy long time browser no more

actually, no other version of windows will install on an intel imac other than windows SP2... so i installed sp2 media center edition.

and the plug and play and screen resolution thing were just things i love about the computer. i realize its not the software. but thats why i love the macs. the OS is built for the machine and visa versa.
    when i mean plug and play... i literally meant plug in my scanner/printer/camera/wacom... and they work without installing software. of course i still do at a later time but they worked instantly for me which i thought was pretty cool.

2. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

Wow, that's most slanted and almost downright incompetent article I've ever read. Of course, theregister.com holds about zero credibility in the first place.

Firstly, IE and Outlook are not part of the OS. So It makes no sense to critize Vista for bad UI and usability design of these applications. (and if it was an objective article, it would probably also have mentioned that Thunderbird's spamfilter works like crap).

I also like how he dismisses the Anti-Phishing filter, without any reason.
    I've never even noticed the Anti-phishing filter, so it would have been nice to know, HOW it was annoying.

And maybe it won't. Again speculation and his personal prejudice against Microsoft. It might actually turn out that DEP works perfectly and that the majority of the users will use it and be better protected by it.

Well, he's obviously a Mac user, you know the ones that don't want be responsible for what their own computer does :))
    But seriously, how can you argue that putting final responsibility on the user is bad? I will bet you a minor fortune that he would have been equally critical had MS decided to chose automatically on the users behalf (I certainly would).

Such as? Again another unsubstantiated criticism.

While I agree with him on the issue of children on the internet, I don't understand what it has to do with a Vista review.

Wow, what an utter moron. The point of the Security Centre is to monitor and alert you if something isn't up and running. If somebody had turned off the firewall or deleted the antivirus program or whatever and forgot about, I'd certainly like to be notified, rather than just think everything is good.

The only issues I could agree with were the "Recently Changed" and "File extensions hidden by default"

3. Again, you are looking at it from your own perspective rather than that of the average computer user.

4. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

I heard ipod is having trouble working on Vista, and that is a real downer, because even microsoft has to realize that ipod is too big for them to screw over like that. ipod is part of life now.

5. I think it's iTunes rather than the iPod itself, but still...

And honestly, I blame Apple for this one more than I do MS. They should have gotten an updated version of iTunes out that would work well on Vista by Jan30.

6. LT21Titans27

LT21Titans27 Tebow Apostle

I still dont see why ppl buy iTunes when theres Limewire, and dont say bc of viruses, bc i keep my firewall up when i run limewire, and i scan everything the dl that comes through limewire, if youre responsible enough to take care of your computer, theyre shouldnt be any problems

7. NYTitansFan

NYTitansFan Guest

limewires crap good luck with the feds. i use torrents

8. First off, you still have to (sort of) use iTunes to sync with the iPod whether you buy songs or not.

As for buying songs, some people actually want to pay for music rather than stealing it illegally. And others just don't know how to steal them...

9. oochymp

oochymp Camp Fodder

or how to get away with it :duckrun:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar