With a sophomore slump, Bobby Wade and Drew SURE look good right about now...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by YUNGBUCK, Nov 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YUNGBUCK

YUNGBUCK Guest

I cannot for the life of me understand why, with one of the BEST salary cap situations in the league, we didn't make a move for a playmaker to help Vince Young over this offseason! Or at least keep Bobby Wade and Drew Bennett, who Vince had developed a trust with! It's obvious that Vince has raw talent! There are 3 issues/possibilities that I see with the development of Vince Young that is making the Titans a handicapped football team:

1. The receiver aspect that I've talked about - How many wrong routes have you seen Titan receivers run this season? Well that is mostly due to a lack of commemorate between he and his receiving corp!! We had the money! Why didn't we keep at least one of those guys or why couldn't WE have made a play for Randy Moss? And WHY IN THE WORLD did we draft this Griffin kid? He's a nice player, but we didn't need him!

2. Vince needs a mentor! - There was NO NEED to put that "C" on his chest and boost his belief that he has to CARRY the team! This is a prideful kid! He WANTS to play well and he has a will to win! I saw it at Texas! It's recognizable, not just a flash in the pan! Had we not bulldogged McNair out of town, possibly that would have worked. I don't think Norm Chow is capable of relating to Vince on a human level! He needs a Guru!! With that, I think this would be going a lot better!

3. IQ?!? - The ONLY thing that scares me about VY's ability is the question of his intelligence? He tips off everybody but the peanut vendors as to who he's gonna throw it to; sometimes before the ball is even snapped! There was a question about his intelligence when he came into the league, and now it's starting to materialize as an issue!! However, there IS a difference between regular smarts and football smarts! And what you have to do is slow the game down for him! And how do you do that? See issue #1!!!

All this being said, we are still 6-3 and probably have a decent shot at making the playoffs this year! But we have NO shot of winning the big dance or probably of even winning a playoff game! And I, for one, would trade the playoffs in a HEARTBEAT to see Vince start making the progression that all thought and believed would happen this season! Otherwise, he's losing time! He's not making any progress and time keeps passing! Do YOU think that's worth a "One and Out" playoff season?

Let me know what you think!
    Buck :tailgate: :cheers3:

2. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Buck, you might search for a few dozen threads on this topic from about six months or more ago.

3. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

its funny...ppl complain when the titans dont make the playoffs as well as when they do....ppl love complaining....

4. YUNGBUCK

YUNGBUCK Guest

Oh. my bad! Everything is FINE with Vince and the Titans!! I simply want whatever it will take to bring a Super Bowl to Nashville! And this offense WON'T do that!! And the longer Coach Fisher and the boys pretend like things are ok, the more likely we are to suffer a fate similar to the Chicago Bears!! We probably won't even make it to the Super Bowl like they did! All I'm saying is that sweeping a glaring weakness like that under the rug will cost us in the long run!!

5. CanadaTitan

CanadaTitan Guest

bennett and wade were both overpaid and they are both terrible, bennett is ridiculously slow and has probably worse hands than mike williams, wade is just not a starting receiver in this league he is the equivalent of chris davis while drew bennett is in fact worse than brandon jones

6. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

I don't think Wade or Bennet would make any difference. It's not like it's just one or two receivers who aren't connecting with Young, it's all of them, including Scaife with whom Young had a good connection with last year.

7. BACK2SMASHMOUTH

BACK2SMASHMOUTH TD's Please...

Mediocrity replaced with mediocrity. They didn't make a huge improvement but Wade and Bennett were not A's compared to our C's.

btw...you don't have to end every sentence with an !!! It kinda takes away from a sentence you really do want to emphasize when every single one is. And plus, my mind hurts from reading every line so excited like!!!:yes:

8. Zephyr

Zephyr Sec 139

I have the dooming feeling that the FO will start drafting WRs high or going out and getting FA WRs...the result will be "they are running the wrong routes" "they arent getting open" blah blah blah...just like the falcons did.

You have to recognize the real problem before you find a solution that works.

Our QB is a horrid passer, period.
    What makes people think that a big name WR would want to come to this team? They arent overlooking the fact the VY cant pass...it would take serious jack to get one of those guys here and tell him to swallow his pride.

9. DJB

DJB Starter

Bennett & Wade look good right now? How would those two guys made things any different yesterday? Would they have stopped the Jaguar run game or opened up holes for the Titans RBs?

10. PrimeTyme

PrimeTyme Guest

Bobby Wade and Drew Bennet are nobodies. Seriously, they're a dime a dozen. That's what we got right now. Well, we got about a half dozen on our dime. We're not missing anything by them not being here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar