With NFLPA Hearing Next Week, All is Quiet Between Titans and McNair

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, May 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

How many think Steve would pull a TO if we don't release or trade him?

2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

not at all.

3. No chance...

4. Titanville

Titanville Need New Coach

I don't think he's even a little like that type of guy.

5. fltitan

fltitan Guest

If we keep Steve and honor his contract he would never pull a TO. Steve has as much character as anyone who has ever played the game. He would be in shape and perform the only way he knows how 100% all the time on every play. I dont think we will do this but i really hope we find a way.

6. smili

smili Starter

I have a tough time thinking this is really about a 4th or 5th rounder. Those round picks are not as valuable as getting your starting quarterback into camp. I mean really - the difference in the 4th or 5th round pick isn't worth Steve not knowing a new playbook in time or gelling with his new team.

I think it's more about
    1) The Titans not liking the Ravens at all and it's "worth it" just to be a thorn in their side
    2) The Titans really might want to work something out with Steve
    3) Maybe we want to wait to see how Young looks early on to guage whether we go into the season with him at #2 or just sit him before letting Steve go.

7. fltitan

fltitan Guest

From everything Ive read we ask for a 4th and they wouldnt move from a 5th. Sounds to me like the Ravens are the ones playing games and decided it wasnt worth a 4th to get him into camp early. Clayton has reported on ESPN that Boller has been told he would compete for the starting job even if McNair was there but then thats the Ravens talking I guess they think Boller would believe that. Im sure Steve has been told hes the starter or he wouldnt be so quick to go to Baltimore.

8. Titanville

Titanville Need New Coach

McNair probably thinks he can head up there and restart his chemistry with D-mase, which I doubt will be possible if he practices as much *cough* little, as he did here.

9. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

If they start Boller over McNair they're crazy. No, really, crazy.

10. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I've read this as well but I don't think Reese or Cook ever said the Titans wanted a fourth. I bet it was higher.

For example, Reese could have some kind of deal which bumps the trade up to a third if McNair makes certain stats in '07.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar