With pick #2 of the 2015 NFL Draft, the Tennessee Titans select: Marcus Mariota, QB, Oregon

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Apr 30, 2015.

?

Happy with the Titans drafting Mariota?

Poll closed May 7, 2015.
  1. Yes.

57.9%
  2. No.

17.2%
  3. Undecided but hoping for the best.

24.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Razorbacks

Razorbacks #WooPIgSooie

An argument can be made that Oregon's hurry up offense allows them to open the short pass/screen game up more because of the way they wear on defenses.

Whereas in more traditional offenses, you have to throw the ball into the defense to stretch the field.. otherwise you've given them plenty of time to set up and shut your short game down.

Thats why i was asking about YAC.. shifty receivers can really pad a QBs stats

2. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

DGB gonna help a lot

8 2 17 = TD

• High Five High Five x 2
  3. Sitrik

Sitrik Starter

Around week 3 - 6 DGB will be the starter, DGB and Mariota is going to light it up :)

4. Ten_Titans

Ten_Titans Pro Bowler

All of those are rumors. This is more simple than that. Metts agent called Mort and told him he wanted a trade.

According to Mort. If you think that isn't true, and that Mort is a liar, take it up with him, like I said. Metts agent never denied telling him that by the way.

I'm not taking anything the media says as fact. But I'll certainly believe them more than some guy on a forum who has been on a crusade for our backup the past few days.

Again, everyone that came out after this said Mett didn't want a trade. None said the call never happened.

Went back and read the reports.

First "JL calls Mort and says he wants his client traded"

Then "JL calls Ian R and says his client just wants to compete."

Pretty obvious to anyone with a brain what happened. But hey, if you want to assume the first one never happened, go for it. But to act like it was scarcely reported, or that it gained legs on this forum (what you said) simply isn't true.

5. 520

520 2020 GOAT CHAMP from 3-7 to champ

probably mariotas agent falsely acting like metts to get mett traded cuz his agent knows how much better mett will be

• LOL LOL x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  6. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Lol you continue to WAY overstate how good the "Mariota swingers" actually think he is. And you outright dismiss anything that can be used in Mariota's favor as well as anything that can be used against Mettenberger. Bottom line is no one has the sheer volume of posts on this topic as you. So it's pretty clear who the butthurt fanboy is here.

IMO people need to face the very real possibility that BOTH of these guys could suck lol. People are sitting here thinking one or both are gonna be franchise QB quality. But the sad reality is we could still not have a QB worth a damn on this roster. So we need to be rooting for both of these guys because the odds are against each of them.

IDK about the rest of you but I'm f***ing sick of watching s*** @$$ QB play in Tennessee. So yeah, you'll have to excuse me for being excited we just drafted a QB with an extremely high ceiling. Is he a sure thing? Of course not. But I feel a hell of a lot better about having Mariota/Mett as our 1/2 than Mett/Whitehurst.

• High Five High Five x 4
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  7. Alzarius

Alzarius Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

If you want to ignore Mort's long history of false reporting, then that is your choice. Yes, I believe he is a liar. Just like he lied about many reports in the past.

As for is agent never denying it, what do you think "Mettenberger wants to compete, not a trade" means?

Really? You seem to believe that Mort could not have possibly lied about this. Despite his long history of lies.

After reading everything after draft day, I believe Mort lied. I am not taking it up with him because I could really care less. . You take what he says as gospel apparently, thats your choice. I choose to believe he is full of it, like he has been so many times in the past.

Its not like a reporter would ever lie or sensationalize on draft day or anything, right?

Are you retarded? Its not me saying that Mett didnt want a trade, its his agent, his coach, his general manager, and other media sources. Dont take my word for it, take theirs.

Can you please take a moment, and let that sink in and try to grasp it?

Except when he told another reporter that his client didn't want a trade, but wanted to compete.

ONE PERSON (Mort) reported this. Other media sources picked it up and went with it. What does scarce mean to you? To me, it means few. One, is less than a few.

You believe his agent called Mort specifically and told him about it. I believe that he flat out lied about it because every report afterwords, said he just wants a chance to compete. It comes down to whether you believe Mort. You do, I don't. I have shown that Mort has lied in the past. I see where you are coming from. You believe his agent got pissed and called Mort to leak it. I think Mort is full of ****.

Mettenberger said himself, way before the draft, that he would beat out Winston or Mariota if they were drafted. (This actually was "widely reported") This is also why I believe that if his agent did this, he would no longer be his agent.

Honest question. Ignore everything else I said. Without looking it up, what do you know about Joe Linta and how he has represented people. Do you even know who else he has represented? Take a look at his history, then you tell me when he has ever done anything like this, especially over a 6th round draft pick.

• High Five High Five x 3
  8. 520

ive said many times metts not a lock to be great OR healthy, i just think he has a better chance to be a longtime nfl qb than mariota.

i also am sick of ****** qb play which is why im very passionate bout this.

9. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

See that's what drives me crazy about the people who keep pissing all over the pick. Either way they "win". They either get to say "See I told ya so" or "Sure am glad I was wrong about that lol. Go Titans!"

Like I said before, I have no problem with people not being thrilled about the pick. But we're now going on 3 weeks since the selection was made. Everyone has made their feelings known... ad nauseam. Everyone knows where everyone else stands by this point. How about some damn optimism? (fyi not speaking just directly to you here).

• Cheers Cheers x 2
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  10. 520

its hard to be optimistic when you feel your team drafted a qb whos gonna set us back another 5 years. like i said before, just being drafted here doesnt make me think hes a good qb, but his play on the field can change my mind bout him like mett did last year.

• High Five High Five x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar