With pick #66 of the 2015 NFL Draft, the Tennessee Titans select: Jeremiah Poutasi, OL, Utah

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, May 1, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

On Levitre's contract:
    "It’s hard to imagine the Titans not trying to re-work the contract. Or if that didn’t pan out, he could be designated as a post-June 1 cut, which would open up $6.5 million under the salary cap (even though the Titans would still be paying Levitre $2.1 million), according to overthecap.com."

What does future hold for Titans’ biggest moneymakers?

This all makes this pick more interesting. They might ask Poutasi to play G and RT in camp. They might be working to rework Levitre and, if he declines, release him, roll Warmack to LG, put Poutasi at RG (or vice-versa) and play Bell or someone they take tomorrow in the fourth at RT.

2. TitanUpB4UGO

TitanUpB4UGO Starter

I was thinking the same thing, but there was a run on OT's, so I guess Webster felt some other team would beat us to it, like Cincy beat us to Jake Fisher.

• Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  3. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

If we take Clemmings or Daryl Williams in the 4th, we can do this. Levitre was awful last year, Poutasi is best suited to play LG, where he can be a mauler in the run game. Williams/Clemmings battle with Byron Bell and Stingily for the RT spot. Hopefully the rookie wins the spot and becomes a franchise RT.

• Winner Winner x 1
  4. lilkhmerkid4u

lilkhmerkid4u Somebody Saveeeeeee Meee!

Isn't Pitoitua Samoan as well?

5. Jrj84105

Jrj84105 Guest

Poutasi is the youngest player in this draft. He's also Polynesian (I think Tongan rather than Somoan) which usually means he's not close to fully physically developed at 20.

6. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

A little underwhelmed with this pick, but so thrilled with Mariota/DGB, they can't all be perfect lol. We needed a RT, and I hope he plays there, but there was definitely better OT on the board. If he ends up a decent OG, I guess that will be good, but we really need a RT in this draft. Bell or Stingily won't cut it man.

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. CalgaryTitansFan

CalgaryTitansFan Pro Bowler

Getting that oline fixed will be a huge impact. If they can find 2 starting linemen in the draft, that would be fantastic. You've saved money, and are very young. Worked for the cowboys.

8. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Really wanted Eli Harold with this pick, and I think when we look back in a couple years we're all gonna wish the same.

Idk anything about Poutasi, but at the very least it sounds like he should be able to play guard.

Hoping we take Ajayi and Clemmings with our two 4th rounders.

If we don't get Clemmings, we could take a chance on Collins in the 6th. If he's dirty, we straight up cut him right away. No big loss.

If we don't end up with a RT, we need to sign Barksdale and just have a competition between he, Bell, and Poutasi.

9. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

that would not be competition

Bell wins cause of CAP

heck that bum arsed piece of filth Levitre is stil sucking up snaps

10. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Looks and sounds the part so gonna say yes, and if he's not then he is now lol

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar