With Quiet Demeanor Will Mariota Be Good Leader For Titans?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by mike75, May 13, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mike75

mike75 Pro Bowler

A lot has been made in the past especially in football of the demeanor of players and whether or not that factors into them being good leaders. This would be a question asked of QB's because a lot do get fired up or mad at times and the team feeds off of that.

My question is with Mariota having a quiet reserved nature about himself do you think he can still be a good leader on and off the field?

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. LosingBy3

LosingBy3 Starter

He'll be fine, you know why? He's not Jake locker.

• LOL LOL x 2
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  3. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

All I have to go on is what his previous teammates have said about him and most all of the reports that I've seen have been that he is a very very good leader. You don't have to be out spoken in the media to be a leader. You have to show that you are willing to put in the work and sacrifice to make the team better.

• High Five High Five x 5
  4. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

He did fine in Oregon, and there are many relaxed personality type of QB's. Is he boring, sure...but I think he will be a good leader and turn out alright. I am glad we took him and no JW

5. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

Better than having another Bernie Pollard, who constantly ran his big mouth.

• High Five High Five x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

Exactly....While getting burnt up in coverage and drawing penalties out the wazoo in the process.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  7. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

I don't know why.. but fans here were lapping up his attitude early on, like dogs lapping up some antifreeze. I always thought he was just a big mouth punk from his first day in TN.

He was talking like he was the voice of the team before he even played a game.. of course, when it went south, he got revealed for what he really was.

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. Alzarius

Alzarius Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

Results > demeanor

• High Five High Five x 5
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

I think people just wanted and identity, a spark, some attitude, which is fine....We need it, but he didn't translate that to the field. Even in B-More, he was surrounded with great talent, and naturally, stick him on a team that is average and we got what we got.....End of story. I am glad it was short lived.

10. Alzarius

Alzarius Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

But...but... He called Griffin Michelle and toughened him up.

LOL

• LOL LOL x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar