With the 20th pick, Titans select......

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by cutter10, Feb 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Stay away from Whitney, he's not a 43 DE... I think he'll strive as a 34 OLB.

I'm all in on Konz, unless we get Hardwick (if he doesn't retire) or Scott Wells in FA of course.

2. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

I totally agree with your thinking about upgrading multiple positions and that is why in FA I think we should focus on getting Scott Wells and Mario Williams.

If we were to land those 2 players it would improve a ton of positions. You've already pointed out how upgrading center improves everyone on the offensive side and I would go as far as saying it helps the QB and WRs because if you establish a running game again then it opens up the passing game. On the defensive side Mario improves the other DL, Lbs, and secondary.

Just make those 2 moves and then fill in gaps with the draft and low market vet FAs.

• High Five High Five x 2
  3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

In no particular order, here are some guys I feel are good picks for us at 20

Peter Konz
    David DeCastro
    Whitney Mercilus
    Cordy Glenn
    Melvin Ingram

4. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

From what I have read, it does not look like DeCastro will be there for us at 20.

5. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

Mike Mayock said Konz is a late first at best and probably a 2nd round pick.

I am now thinking the Titans go DT at 20. Should be great value there. Not really sure which specific guy.

I think DE will be addressed in free agency (probably not Mario Williams... probably someone like Cliff Avril) and the interior O-line will be addressed later in the draft.

6. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

My list (in order):

Devon Still
    Peter Konz
    David DeCastro
    Cordy Glenn
    Melvin Ingram
    Mark Barron
    Kendall Wright
    Janoris Jenkins

7. JCBRAVE

Combine is yet to happen, pro days are also yet to happen. There's always a few names who's stock rise with the combine thus making guys slide.
    I'd be pretty real happy if this is how things turn out. Getting Mario is a dream, we all know it's very very unlikely to happen, so Avril would be a great pick up.

8. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

Avril seems a lot like Babin to me. I don't think he fits.

• High Five High Five x 2
  9. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

There are definitely some similarities, but Avril is still really raw. I don't know that you can say exactly what he is at this point. I also don't know that you can say the Titans don't wish they still had Jason Babin. At some point, upgrading the run defense at the cost of the pass rush is not worth it.

10. JCBRAVE

I am so happy we let Babin walk, he's nowhere near as good as his stats indicate.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar