With the 253rd pick of the 2016 Draft: Southern Miss DB Kalan Reed

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Apr 30, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Broken Arrow

Broken Arrow Just a Fan....

seems to me I remember another Defensive back years ago taken in the 7th round that turned out pretty decent for us......

cort.jpg

2. Titan/Oiler34

Titan/Oiler34 Special Teams Standout

He played at Southern Miss. While they have sent some outstanding players to the NFL, the last few year's have been very rough on that program. Competition level as well. All I can really say is IF he can play at the next level this would be the right team for him.

3. xhrr

xhrr Starter

Idk what that means but players come from every level of college football and from all different programs. The Eagles just took a QB #2 overall from NDSU. I don't care about level of competition, program, etc. you have to judge each player on a yearly basis.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  4. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

This and the Austin Johnson picks are the only two from our draft I like.

Big, fast, physical, and some ball skills is the best you can ask for from a 7th rounder.

5. Titan/Oiler34

He asked why he slipped from 5th or 6th round projection. I gave an answer which makes sense. A combination of level of competition and program... how many players get drafted from bad programs overall?

It wasn't the production or the measurables... no off field concerns that I'm aware of.

6. Titan/Oiler34

Come on Fry, you know we needed an OT. You are also aware that D. L. had a hand in the Dodd pick, and his history with OLB's. Got the top WR from the MAC, like it or not the Heisman winner, a local DB (yeah that's just a little tweaking the knife comment lol), and another DB who was productive. IF nothing else, every player we drafted was very productive at the college level. You and I both know we've drafted players for years who just weren't at least it's at change.

7. Fry

And we traded up(paid too much, BTW) to take a guy who I think can survive at OT but is a better OG.

A one year wonder from the clown college. Sucks.

I can't make a comment on him one way or another. I have seen him play zero snaps.

College trophies don't have anything to do with NFL success. I do not care about Heisman winners.

I liked the Reed pick

Again, haven't seen him play. Can't say I like or don't like the pick.

The best thing we did was trade #1. Too bad that was a no brainer when you look at the deal. Who wouldn't have made that trade?

8. Barnybyrd

Barnybyrd Starter

The local DB was Byard not Reed.

• High Five High Five x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. Fry

Reed played pee-wee ball in Nashville. Local enough for me.

10. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

The hatred....

• LOL LOL x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar