With the 30th pick in the '09 NFL Draft...

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Ubiq, Jan 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

I like the sound of that. We're still a young team in general too.

2. Ubiq

Ubiq BAMF

I can see the Colts cutting Harrison ($8 Mil cap space) and making a big push for Housh. He'd be an idiot if he didn't sign with them. Then again he could just as easily be a Titan or go back home to the west coast.

3. Ubiq

Ubiq BAMF

Right. He may be just as fast as CJ, we'll see. But I think we're desperate again this year for a playmaker. Harvin & Maclin are the best playmakers in the draft, with Harvin being the only viable option (I think Maclin goes top 20). I think the FO will be very tempted with Harvin in the 2nd, if he falls that far of course.

If it were up to me, I'd be targeting a true WR like Kenny Britt or Hakeem Nicks, and our FO may very well do that. Should be interesting to see how we address the O in the draft, and to see where Harvin goes.

4. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

...or if they even pursue the offense

5. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

If Harvin falls all the way to the 2nd yea I guess taking him there would be good value but I don't see it. Most mocks have us taking him in the first round which to me is just too soon for someone who is so close to Chris Johnson. Last year's draft makes me wonder if any other really good receivers will fall far.

6. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

I CANNOT believe they activated Paul Williams today, and didn't give Chris Davis a shot. I like him. Yeah, he's had some dropsies, but I'm sure he's better than PW

7. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Well...

Harvin is the best playmaker in college...PERIOD. Of course he's had injury concerns, but he's a top 5 playmaker so I don't see him dropping out of the first rnd. Secondly, I'd draft him in a second if he were there when we pick. We need another playmaker and while he definitely needs work at being a better WR, he can run the ball and play the slot in his first year and make an impact while he learns how to be the next Steve Smith.

If Florida didn't have Tebow and Harvin, Florida loses the National Title game.

Did you notice he was a lot like CJ...a few touches and he rips up big yardage. The dude has a ton of wiggle room and definitely has speed.

Crabtree will be long gone and I think Maclin could be a bit of a boom or bust prospect considering he catches a ton of hitches and WR screens and like Harvin, will need a lot of work learning the patterns NFL teams run.

Jerry at DT should be easily gone in rnd 1 before we pick. Before we see him run, I have him as a 1st rndr and one of the top DT's in the draft.

Has Lindley declared yet?

Orakpo and Brown are the top 2 DE prospects I've seen play. Johnson has intriguing size and athleticism but is more of a boom or bust player. I don't know if Selvie and Hardy have declared yet but I'd put both in rnd 2 along with Johnson. Barwin and Hughes also could be 2nd rnd picks. Depending on who comes out, there could definitely be a decent-good DE prospect worth taking. There will also be good OC and LB's worth taking.

It will be interesting to see what the Titans do in the off-season because AH, VY and Collins will have a dramatic effect on how this team is shaped for next year.

Gut

PS - I will hurt someone if we draft ANOTHER TE in the first 3 rnds!

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

my preliminary list of guys i like in no particular order are;

mike mickens cb cincinatii
    macho harris cb virgina tech
    tyson jackson dl lsu(as a dt)
    hakeem nicks wr unc
    phil loadholt ol oklahoma
    george selvie de usf
    jeremy maclin wr missouri

when it's all said and done maclin, selvie, nicks and jackson will be first round picks. the others probably second rounders.

my preliminary list of guys i don't like;

michael johnson de georgia tech
    juaquin iglesias wr oklahoma
    brian cushing lb usc
    bj raji dt boston college

9. Ubiq

Ubiq BAMF

No, he's a junior, but graduated high school in 2004. So, this is his 5th year in college and is only a junior??

May not be the sharpest tool in shed..

10. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

george selvie is a guy i love, but unfortunately he won't be declaring

University of South Florida junior defensive end George Selvie didn't hear what he expected from the NFL Draft Advisory Committee, so he will return to USF for his senior season. Information provided by the draft committee indicated Selvie "would not be selected" in the first three rounds, USF coach Jim Leavitt told Selvie. "Leavitt told me they didn't have me going as high as we thought," said Selvie, USF's first two-time All-American. Two months ago, Todd McShay of ESPN and Scouts Inc., who ranked Selvie as the nation's third-best pass rusher, and Michael Detillier of M&D Draft Report both projected Selvie as a mid-to-late first-round choice. "It was kind of surprising and disappointing," Selvie said. "Now it makes me want to work even harder for next season. "I can work on getting bigger, stronger, using better technique; just getting better overall. I talked to a lot of people, including my family, prayed on it and took a lot of things into consideration. This was the best decision." As a sophomore, Selvie had 14.5 sacks, was a consensus All-American and was named Big East Defensive Player of the Year. Last year, Selvie suffered a high ankle sprain in USF's fourth game at Florida International. It plagued him all season. He missed parts of three games, but finished with 5.0 sacks and earned All-Big East honors. - Brett McMurphy, The Tampa Tribune

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar