With the 30th Pick in the 2009 NFL Draft the Tennessee Titans Select....Pat White?

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by TitansCollector, Apr 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitansCollector

TitansCollector #9 GBNF

I have done a bit of homework on this kid, and I have to say, I was all about drafting a reciever at pick #30 until now. This kid could be deadly in our offense. Imagine if you will, (after reading this article) a offense with Washington and Gage split out wide, Scaife on the line, Pat White in at QB, Johnson, and Hall lined up behind him! WOW! What do you all think, I would say pick 30 could be the perfect place for the Titans to get a multicraft potential stud player.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/writers/don_banks/04/21/pat.white/index.html
  2. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

Not this year! i dont want us to try and pick a hidden star. we got lucky last year i doubt we get lucky 2 times in a row! lets just get a big name player already.
  3. From-the-stands

From-the-stands Starter

Did you forget Jeff Fisher is still coaching the Titans, otherwise why bring up something that will never happen?
  4. onetontitan

onetontitan Starter

5. jefferyjames21

jefferyjames21 Camp Fodder

may be a little early to pick him
  6. TitansCollector

TitansCollector #9 GBNF

Who would have thought he would reach last year and take Johnson? I remember everyone questioning that pick, until they saw him on he field.
  7. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

I'm totally against such a thing. seems we already have a running QB on the roster. Forgot about him?

As a WR or RB prospect white is worth at best a 4th rd pick.

And no he is not a stud athlete for the nfl. Not a first rd caliber athlete and not the same caliber as harvin who is faster and more of a proven player at both those positions.
  8. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Johnson was a RB in college and was drafted to play RB. He also ran a 4.24 40.

To be a Wr in the nfl you need to get off the blocks and in your route fast. White was timed at 1.60 for 10 yards a time that linemen run. CJ was timed at 10 yard at 1.40 an infinitely more explosive player. I also don't like his 7.07 cone time. I would expect better for a guy like him.

Every year there is a college QB who gets drafted to play WR and in almost every case they don't work out. Randal el is one of the rare ones.
  9. Ubiq

Ubiq BAMF

If I heard Goodell say Pat White's name at #30, I honestly don't know what I'd do...it would probably involve throwing the nearest object through the TV screen. That would probably be the dumbest pick in NFL history.
  10. some chris js

some chris js touchdown titans

i'd rather have lendale white line up at qb than waste a pick like that.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.