With the 33rd Pick of the 2016 Draft: Clemson DE Kevin Dodd

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Apr 29, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nbtoppers2

nbtoppers2 Pro Bowler

And now Sharpe has the same thing

2. TitansWrath

TitansWrath Pro Bowler

Sharpe is largely irrelevant anyway. You can sign a replacement for sharpe for a ham sandwich and a parking pass.

• High Five High Five x 1
    • LOL LOL x 1
  3. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

Sharpe can be replaced

4. nbtoppers2

nbtoppers2 Pro Bowler

Already has been in the draft. Maybe we will add someone.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  5. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

http://www.tennessean.com/story/spo...-two-surgeries-definitely-not-done/551197001/

I've been busting Dodd's chops since we drafted him because I didn't like the pick- there was better on the board. . Then he came up immediately with a chronic injury requiring multiple surgeries. Now he says he's completely better.

Here's to hoping he delivers some performance that merits that #33 overall pick. I want to be proven wrong about this guy.

• High Five High Five x 2
  6. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Yea, WTF was JRob thinking? On top of that he had teams wanting to trade for that pick to draft Dodd. What were they thinking? Obviously Dodd must be a dudd considering JRob's failed track record for recognizing talent.

Now the reality is Dodd is as good of a prospect as Morgan was coming out (16th pick overall), can play in a four or 5 man front (like Morgan). He basically played as a starter in one game in his rookie season and had a sack in that game. Yes Dodd got hurt and missed most of his rookie season (Morgan tore his ACL in his 4th game of his rookie season).

• Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
  7. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

You think he's as fast as Morgan? He isn't

To me Dodd is a 43 DE, still unsure he's worth much as a stand up LB

8. Ten_Titans

Ten_Titans Pro Bowler

Both he and Mularkey say the injury is behind him. Has looked good in practice from what I have read. We will see in preseason.

9. Broken Arrow

Broken Arrow Just a Fan....

I saw him at TC - he is playing alot faster and showing the same flash he showed vs Detroit

• Cheers Cheers x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
  10. Johnnyb

Johnnyb RTR

Dodd was a boom bust pick and JRob knew it at the time. He didn't have a ton of college production, but his upside is through the roof.

Let's let the guy get a second season in before we sell him down the river. Sounds like he's doing much better now too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar