With the 39th pick in the NFL Draft the Tennessee Titans select?

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by JCBRAVE, Jan 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

This is an interesting spot to be drafting, it really gives us room to do a few things in the first round.

SS Matt Elam is high on a lot of peoples boards and we do need a SS badly, but is 39 too late to wait? I don't really want to use a top 10 pick on a SS.

History shows that the Titans get a lot out of their 2nd rounders.

What are you guys thinking we should do with our 2nd round pick?

2. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

This has been the money play lately for they titans. And both of our second round picks lately were actually first round talents that slipped. Ayers was supposed to be gone in the first round, he fell, we took him, mirror image with Brown... So... Go take a look at the first round mocks lately. Get an idea of who we could actually use, then watch who starts slide... That'll most likely be our pick.

I literally called the brown pick last year using this same thinking, of course it's circumstantial.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Depends on 1st round obviously. Doubtful we go OL in the top 10 so unless we trade back I really hope we don't ignore our biggest need in the first 2 rounds by going BPA on defense and then Elam like suggested. I would say right now Barrett Jones unless we trade back or kill it in free agency.

4. ScotTitan

ScotTitan Starter

Well of course it depends on what we do in the first but if I was to come up with a list for the second round-

Barret Jones C/OG
    Jonathan Banks CB
    Ezekiel Ansah DE
    Matt Elam SS
    Jonathan Cooper OG
    Alex Okafor DE
    Kawann Short DT(This is guy aint getting the attention deserved)
    Sheriff Floyd DT

All 1st/2nd rounders who could fall to us in the 2nd. I like all these guys again pending what we do in the 1st. A trade down in the first and we could get two of these, lots of options.

5. Clark

That trade down is going to be huge for us this year. They need to have a trade worked out in place of several options and ready to pull the trigger, unless of course they are sold on whoever is on the board.

6. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Elam will be gone at #39.

7. Clark

Possible, it also depends on how we go in FA

8. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I just looked at availbe SS's we might be able to get, and wow, talk about limited options

these are the only ok names I saw on the free agent tracker
    Madieu Williams
    Will Allen
    Yeremiah Bell
    Kenny Phillips
    Patrick Chung

theyre all better options than Babs and Afalava, but not even close to as good as Elam.

There are good linemen coming up in free agency, so maybe use the 2nd pick on a OL and 1st on Elam?

9. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

If everyone wants a midget safety who can't cover but flies around killing people we should just take Lamarcus Joyner in the 4th round if he delcares. Same kind of player without the hype.

10. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

Maybe we can get an old dog to hold down the fort until a second round SS would be ready? Any old dog SS or FS available or expected to be cut? What about an old dog CB who is smart enough to move to S Rod Woodson style?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar