With the 43rd Pick of the 2016 Draft: Penn State NT Austin Johnson

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Apr 29, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

I think he will be just fine...Definitely better than Woods/Blackson....but it's going to hurt if Billings ends up a stud and he's average....

2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

If you dont mind fast forwarding here is some more of Austin Johnson

#99 DT/NT

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. Dangermode

Dangermode A New Era has Begun

Well considering that 2015 OSU team probably could have beaten the 2015 Titans....

• LOL LOL x 1
  4. xhrr

xhrr Starter

He will end up our best draft pick

5. Mitch86

Mitch86 Pro Bowler

Amazes me every time I see Casey in a full run. Dude can get down for his size. He'd probably outrun me at 160 and he's double that. Lol

Another athletic big guy that doesn't give up will be great.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  6. CalgaryTitansFan

CalgaryTitansFan Pro Bowler

I had him mocked at 43 in several I did. Expectation was billings would be gone and we needed a NT to stop the run. Fills a big need and hopefully stabilizes the d line for years.

7. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

How can you tell?

I can't find more than 3 Penn St games that I don't have to watch the whole game for.

You have cut-ups you're holding out on?

8. xhrr

xhrr Starter

I'm a penn state fan I've watched every game. I could be wrong but just a feeling.

9. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

He's not a sexy pick, but definitely could help to solidify the line and more importantly stuff the run. I like his size and strength from what I saw. Seems to move well for a big man. I'd have been fine with Billings or him.

10. xhrr

xhrr Starter

Jurrell Casey wasn't a sexy pick either and look how he turned out and I see a lot of Casey in him. He has crazy good functional strength, he sheds blocks well and he never takes a play off. I've never seen a DT chase so many plays sideline to sideline making tackles on the edges. He was the pick I was most excited about and not just because I'm a PSU fan but I got to see every game he played and realize how good he is. He tested horribly which I think explains his fall and to be honest I thought he would test fairly well watching him on tape but I'm glad he did cause we were able to grab him at 43. His arm length was also seen as a negative but he has slightly longer arms than Casey who has short arms as well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar