With the 8th Pick of the 2016 Draft: Michigan State OT Jack Conklin

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Apr 28, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Two Kings

Two Kings NJ Titan

a 2nd next year... ugh.

2. WICK3DIST

WICK3DIST Starter

I think it was a good trade. If the price seems high, there's a good chance someone like the giants may have had a trade offer as well, the Titans wanted to assure themselves they got the guy they wanted all along. We can use the 2nd round picks to boost the defense now and were golden. I wouldn't be surprised if the Titans trade back into the first round again.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 3
  3. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

You guys think giving up #76 and a 2nd from next year is really too much? That's not bad at all.

We can easily get back into the 2nd next year since we'll have two 3rds.

• High Five High Five x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. SalmonSlayer

SalmonSlayer Pro Bowler

I'm surprised but the pick makes sense, he'll play RT and keep Lewan at LT. I like it.

• High Five High Five x 3
  5. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

6. Howry

Howry Starter

Considering Tunsils history. He is clearly not very smart, then to follow it up with his video before the draft. Dumb as a rock. Might have given up to much to move up but it was a position of need and I would rather have a OT that is close to the Tunsil talent but without the baggage.

7. Rwill

Rwill Pro Bowler

We might possibly be able to trade one of our current 2nds for a 2nd next year + a 3rd for this year.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
    • LOL LOL x 1
  8. Thesaurus

Thesaurus Starter

Good pick. If they wanted him that bad he wasn't going to be there at 15. If this guy is the next David Stewart no one will complain about the trade. Have to roll the dice and try to rebuild this team.

• High Five High Five x 5
  9. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

The Titans got their OT and extra picks trading out of #1.

#76 was one from the Rams. The 2nd-rounder next year is maybe around #40. And picked up the first pick of the sixth round to boot.

I don't think JR gave up too much.

• Winner Winner x 5
    • High Five High Five x 2
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  10. TitansWrath

TitansWrath Pro Bowler

We just used a first and a second on a right tackle. That is a 10 pick on a guard, a top five pick on LT, and a first and second for RT.

If our line is not amazingly good, we suck at life.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 3
    • High Five High Five x 2
    • LOL LOL x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar