With the 8th Pick of the 2016 Draft: Michigan State OT Jack Conklin

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Apr 28, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Except NYG would've taken him at #10.

2. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Maybe- how do we know? They went CB.

3. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

The Giants could have taken Tunsil and moved Eric Flowers to RT where he probably belongs.

4. Alex1939

Sorry I didn't realize you got hammered on that already. I was just posting as I came across posts.

Like you, I really dislike giving up that 2nd round pick next year. But there were wide reports that the Giants wanted a Tackle at 10. I mean, we can say how do we know what any team will do. How do we know the Rams and Eagles were going to take QBs 1 and 2? Logic, reasonable assumptions.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

Thought about this some more and listened to what Robinson said about Conklin. He said they want players who want to work.

The kid is a scout's dream. A walk-on who rose up.

Did Robinson maybe want a player who would push Lewan and Warmack to have better work habits? He's certainly hinted he's not happy with what those guys are putting in.

6. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

I'm think JR intends to trade back one f our 1sts next year to gain a 2nd (or another 3rd to use to get into the 2nd).

I'm not THAT torn up about it, I just react when people rationalize the price we paid wasn't high.

• Winner Winner x 1
  7. Alex1939

**** I think we likely gave up pick 33-38 next year, almost definitely a pick btw 33-43.

I hated trading that 2nd round pick. But I do acknowledge we would've missed out one of the premiere tackles in the draft if we didn't do something to move up.

I would've fumed if Tunsil had lasted to 15. But I'd guess JRob removed him from the board based on all his character talk.

8. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

That's what surprises me.

Everyone acknowledges we have a lot of holes that need to be filled. The reaction I get for criticizing the move is "dur hur, we have two first round picks and two third round picks, we'll be fine!"

Having extra picks isn't the issue. The issue is we gave up three top 76 picks for the rights to a right tackle. Show me anyone who made a comparable move yesterday. Denver moved up five spots and gave up #94 this year. Tennessee moved up seven spots and gave up #76 and something around #45 next year.

Bamboozled.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  9. DelawareTitan

DelawareTitan Starter

I dont think it was that heavy of a price... We swapped firsts, gave up a 3rd rounder that wasn't the Titans to begin with, and a second next year. We got a 6th back in return. We still have 2 1st rounders next year and 2 3rd rounders. MM8 got destroyed last year because our OL was horrible, this fixed an immediate need.

10. DelawareTitan

DelawareTitan Starter

How did we give up 3 top 76 picks? We swapped firsts with them so that is a wash... There is no way to project who will be available in the second round next year. We fill a huge hole for our team and still kept all 3 of our second round picks this year and the first pick in the 3rd round. We have to protect our franchise QB, and it starts with bookend OT.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar