With the First Pick the Titans select...

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Big TT, Sep 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. like calvin or ginn

2. ammotroop

ammotroop Airforce MAN

I don't think Ginn is that guy.

3. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

ginn isnt even the best WR on his own team.

4. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

When you listen to ESPN columns instead of watching them play, ridiculous comments (like that) have a bad habit of coming out.

5. ya, im pretty sure that he is by far the best wr on ohio state

6. ammotroop

ammotroop Airforce MAN

Gonzolez (sp?) is pretty dang good too. I just think Ginn reminds me of Santana Moss, Lav Coles, Dante Hall type guy. They are all good, but not top 3 picks.

7. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Johnson looks worthy of a top three pick. He is in the class of Andre Johnson, Larry Fitzgerald or Braylon Edwards and might be a better prospect than those guys. From what I've seen of Santana Moss lately Ginn would be worthy of a top three pick if he could play like him. Still, 6'5 WRs with the skills and speed of Johnson are unique and present miss matches against almost any CB. I say we grab Johnson if he is available without a doubt and use the rest of our early picks on defense. Before we have any chance of being a dominate team again we need to load up on defense.

8. Fry

hi. i'm an ohio state fan. have been for the past 18 years(basically since the beginning of my existence) and have watched every one of the their games this year.

ginn is bigger and faster, but when troy smith needs a big play, he looks to gonzalez. AG has one more catch, more yards and a better YPC average than ginn. ginn has five tds to AG's 4.

AG is also a much better route runner and has better hands.

ginn is the better ATHLETE, gonzalez is the better RECEIVER.

9. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

That's exactly what the article says. The stats are not in dispute. The only issue I have with that is that Ginn is the one getting other teams' number 1 corner. Ginn is the one with Heisman hype. Ginn is the one seeing double and triple teams. Ginn is the one that can take a slant the distance. Ginn is the one on sportscenter every night. Of course the other guy will succeed if he is a good player, being that he has every advantage of getting the number 2 cornerback and single coverage most of the game.

10. Fry

anthony gonzalez will have a better pro career than ted ginn will.

ginn is just fast. nothing more, nothing less.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar