With Two Games Left (Fighting For Last WC Spot vs. Higher Picks In Draft)

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by mike75, Dec 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mike75

mike75 Pro Bowler

Well we have the Jaguars at home and then the week after we have the Texans on the road.

Wonder what the team is doing behind the scenes? Will they try and go all out and win these last two games hoping things will fall into place for playoffs or has everyone already basically given up so they mail the season in and take the higher draft picks in the next years draft? I've seen that happen before with other teams that think they don't have a chance.

My thinking is this.Put Jake Locker in for better or worse.At this point Locker can do more than a hobbled Hasselbeck can and it will give him some experience heading into next year.I do believe that the sky is the limit and that he could very well help us win these two games.

How hard would it be to win the last two games? i firmly believe that the Jets,Bengals and of course the Raiders will all lose one more game.

But who knows whats going on behind closed doors between ownership,management,coaches,players all trying to figure out what QB will play on Sunday or what guys are basically done for the season.CJ is 65 yards from a thousand yards i've read his interview that he is shooting for the 1,000 yard mark.

2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

There's absolutly no way in hell that group of men wearing Titans uniforms want us to get a high draft pick. That puts each of their jobs at risk, just ask Gerald McRath. Last year he had a good job starting for the Tennessee Titans, but thanks to blowing the last half of games last year, we got a high enough seed to end up with Akeem Ayers. So the team is defiantly hoping they can win out.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. GeronimoJackson

GeronimoJackson Brainwashed by the Left. Now I am free.

As long as you're mathematically in the hunt, you keep fighting for a playoff spot.

• High Five High Five x 4
  4. mike75

mike75 Pro Bowler

Well the reason i'm also saying this is its clear Jake Locker would give us a better shot at winnig so why would they keep starting Matt Hasselbeck when he is clearly injured and is limited in doing different things on the field.

I know the players would never do that but you have to wonder why the coaching staff sometimes clearly favor putting an injured veteran on the field when a fresh younger player would clearly do a better job.

5. JCBRAVE

And the moment I notice a guy mailing it in, I want that person off my favorite team.

• High Five High Five x 6
  6. JCBRAVE

Our chances of winning it all were slime to begin with, but here we are at 7-7 and still fighting. Munchak wants to let Hasselbeck finish what he started.

7. mike75

mike75 Pro Bowler

Hasselbeck was great most of the year but the last few games he got hurt and also his playing has declined.When they put Locker in the games it seems like the offense looked better and they were moving the ball better down the field.It seems like Hass has problems getting us down the field lately.

8. JCBRAVE

He does have problems keeping drives alive, and he's now become the one to blame. He quite simply can't do his job while limited by that calf injury. Even Big Ben is having issues passing because of a leg injury.

And what bothers me more than almost anything is how defenses now KNOW he's not going wide with hand offs, so they can cheat up a little to keep C.J. plugged up inside.

We literally have NO chance of winning vs a good defense when Hasselbeck is hobbling around in the back field. And not being able to threaten the D with a deep ball is killer. It's going to be hard to watch this game on Saturday.

9. mike75

mike75 Pro Bowler

Exactly and i know they don't want to yank Hasselbeck out of the starting lineup because they don't want any QB controversies and they want to be loyal to the veteran but don't they get that we are fighting for the last spot and Locker is capable of taking over?

Locker would clearly give us an added dynamic and make it harder on opposing defenses especially because he can run or scramble to get yardage.He also looked pretty good in limited playing time.

10. JCBRAVE

That's easy to dodge. All Mike Munchak has to say is he's playing Locker over Hasselbeck because of Hass' injury. That leaves a door open for Hass to reclaim the team come playoff time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar