With Two Games Left (Fighting For Last WC Spot vs. Higher Picks In Draft)

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by mike75, Dec 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Any franchise that engages in a strategy to lose the final 2 games while still in the playoff hunt is not worth the powder to blow them to hell.

I don't think much more highly of a poster who brings it up as a viable strategy either.

A couple of spots in the draft is meaningless!

• High Five High Five x 3
  2. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

Yea I mean how many playmakers were drafted after Young and PacMan?

Spend less time thinking about a top 10 pick and get these young guys used to winning.

• High Five High Five x 2
  3. mike75

mike75 Pro Bowler

Some teams have been known to do it.I wasn't saying i myself wanted them to do it but of course that gets lost in the translation since i'm typing not speaking.And as i thought before i even brought the topic up i knew it would be taken out of context.

For the record i do want this team to win and try to make the playoffs not tank the last two games.geesh

4. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

What would you as a player think of a coaching staff and management that plays to lose just for a higher pick? What would they do with those higher picks teach them to have no self respect and dignity or to give 100% at all times?

Once a team starts doing things like that it losses it's soul, it's credibility and any reason to cheer for them.

And yes you discussed this as a viable strategy even if you claim not to agree with it. :moon2:

5. mike75

mike75 Pro Bowler

The Suck For Luck is a good example.Indy losing 13 straight games could've had Kyle Orton as QB but passed on him because they knew he would try and win.There are owners/GM/coaches who bench good players on teams and try to influence these things and it does happen more than people like to think.

6. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

well Orton trying too win is failry meaningless, unless hes targeting the WR Chris Hope is supposed too be covering.

7. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

We better win these last 2 damn games or I'm gonna be very pissed with Munchak.

Worst thing is; I can see us losing these next 2. We always sucks vs new QB's, so I can see Blaine tearing us up for 250+. Same with Yates week-17.

8. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

Titans dont actually plan too win instead plan to play they will lose tomorrow.

Titan base 43D will get abused by the tarpkitty run game.

9. mike75

mike75 Pro Bowler

I'll be pissed as well.Hopefully Locker will start these last two games if Hasselbeck can't go.

10. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

You better get your golf cart out and run down Hasselbeck, cause he's starting this weekend.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar