wonderlic scores

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by ONUV, Mar 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Austin_Bill

Austin_Bill Camp Fodder

You need to qualify that.

the wonderlic in and of itself is easy and it is meant to be it is a speed test, much like the ASVAB. It is a test to see how fast a person can think and those who don't understand the test can find themselves looking pretty foolish. Since the test only takes about 10 minutes if a guy is tired or didn't get much sleep the night before can find himself in big trouble in this test.

I personally think the test is useless and I got a 39 on it.

2. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

A speed test that allows you to skip questions you don't know the answer for? Its a test that proves whether you're smart or not rather than what you have already memorized.
    Asking someone questions over events doesn't give you any idea of how smart they are. Just how much they know or have learned.
    The wonderlic actually shows if people can solve problems using their own common sense. And don't act like this test is a 'trap' that players fall in to. They understand exactly how to take it. Athletes just aren't typically the smartest of all people.

3. Austin_Bill

Austin_Bill Camp Fodder

Have you taken the test?

I took it about 10 years ago for my company, the test consists of about 50 questions that my 6 yr old daughter could answer. yes you can skip questions, big deal you can do the same thing in the SAT. The Woderlic is not an aptitude test it is a test to measure how fast you can think. And yes with coaching this test is real easy to master, even for an athlete that didn't pay attention to classes. That is why the test is pretty much useless after being taken more than twice.

The test catches a lot of people off guard because it is such a short timed test and the score can be greatly affected by lack of sleep more so than any other test like the SAT, ACT, ASVAB, GMAT, or others. It's been proven that there is zero corolation between the wonderlic test and productivity.

As far as the NFL goes I believe Dan Marino got a 14 on the test.

4. Deuce Wayne

Yeah, and Dan Marino is an idiot. He was the one exception. Vince Young is out to prove just how important the wonderlic is.

5. utdtitans

utdtitans Camp Fodder

Living in houston for a while I believe carr's problems were almost all mental. He scrambled out of bounds for sacks numerous times when he could throw it away. He would check down on 3rd and 8 when he had an all-pro andre johnson running down the field. His mechanics were different but he could throw the ball fine.

6. Austin_Bill

Austin_Bill Camp Fodder

If Vince went to meatchicken you would be wrapped around his sack talking about his greatness. Just like you are with the other meatchicken players.

I truly doubt you have gotten over the way Texas beat your boys in the Rose bowl.

7. Deuce Wayne

Well, utd- after taking 400 sacks his rookie year, he probably did have mental problems. May be half right. Being scared sh**less was more the problem.

Bill - Vince Young almost came to 'meatchicken'(?), but chose Ohio State. But I didn't want Terrell Pyror anyway. There are many other guys 6 ft and up that can run in college at the qb spot.
    And the Texas beating Mich game didn't bother me. That game was meaningless to most of us that care about important things, you know...Championships. Or...singular in your case.

8. Austin_Bill

Austin_Bill Camp Fodder

What would a Meatchicken fan know about championships in the last 50+ years they have exactly .5 of a championship.

If you can't win a championship, which you can't, maybe you should win your bowl game. But from the looks of it Meatchicken can't do that either.

BTW in case you didn't know 2k5 championship was number 4 for Texas. And all of ours have taken place post leather helmet days.

9. Deuce Wayne

I don't want to pick on you, but Michigan killed Florida in this year's bowl. Since they're so important, you know? And Michigan actually plays at least 1 quality opponent per year in OSU, usually one in ND. Texas didn't have to face a tough team up til the champ game, and luckily for them, they completely choked.
    4 championships! Hope that ties you over for 100 years.

10. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

Mountaineers!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar