Woody paige is an idiot!

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by RollTide, Apr 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

I'm sure many of you are familiar with "cold pizza" the daily AM show on espn 2. On the show two morons named skip bayless and woody paige exchange uneducated views about whatever sports subject is popular and of course they disagree most of the time.

They were both asked this morning where the big three QBs will be 10 years from now. Bayless said that young would be hall of fame material, cutler would be the next brett favre and lienart would be a bust. Woody paige had a different view.
    Woody thinks ALL THREE QBS will be super stars. In fact he goes further than that and thinks there will be 7 quality QBs to come from this draft. 7! Among that list was marcus vick! Woody's justification for this stupidity? Well the 1983 draft of course. Doesn't matter to him that 1983 was a one time freak year for QBs.

Look i encourage any reader of this board to go to nfl draft.com They have all the draft picks from 1982 to 2005. Look and see how many first rd draft picks at any position didn't amount to anything. While general managers and coaches have to pay lip service to this notion that all three will be great a talking head, idiot like woody paige doesn't have to. He is just dumb!

2. maximus

maximus Starter

I agree with you on Woody Paige.

3. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I do hear those two are idiots (KamikaZ is my source for that :ha:).

4. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

Well, that means there's a precedence for it. It would have been even crazier if it hadn't happened before.

While I don't think it's impossible, I think it's highly improbably... probably a factor not unlike the phone number of an Islington flat :winker:

5. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Now gunny...

One of them is right some of the time because they always disagree. It's when you listen to their reasoning that you realize they have no clue. I actually find myself agreeing with woody more often but today he really showed his stupidity.

According to woody the titans have 7 choices for our QB of the future. Lienart, young, cutler, clemens, croyle, whitehurst and vick. Great blue north has vick at 22nd among QBs so i guess we don't even have to draft him. :sad2:

He didn't mention omar jacobs so i'm thinking that's one guy we better go after.:greedy:

6. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

we dont get Cold Pizza down here, so I cant really comment on it at all.

Sounds like PTI with Wilbon and Kornheiser though.

7. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

he didn't mention Hackney either, who looked great against UT and even reminded me some of Steve in his younger days

8. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

My sentiments exactly

9. FLTitansfan

FLTitansfan Guest

next woody will say the titans should draft the 13 year old female golfer dakoda dowd and let her kick...I hate that guy he put his foot in his mouth back in 96 when the Jags played Denver in the PO and the jackarse said the broncos shouldnt even show up they won the game already blah blah and the Jags and Brunell took it to him so yes Woody is an idiot and I cant stand that guy.

10. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Vigsted...

Well, that means there's a precedence for it
    --------------------

OK you want precedence? Ok.

1986- Jim everett and chuck long.

1990-Jeff geroge and andre ware.

1991-Dan mcgwire and todd marinovich.

1992-David klingler and tommy maddox.

1994-heath schuler and trent dilfer

1997-Jim Drunkenmiller

How would the woody paige mentality(They will all be stars) have worked in those years? 4 drafts where every QB taken in rd one was a bust.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar