Woody paige is an idiot!

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by RollTide, Apr 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

Well, it's a game of probabilities, you don't just play every hand dealt, so the skill is determining when you have the best odds of winning the hand.

Secondly there is some skill involved in trying to bluff your opponents... much like draftday.

2. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Poker is a game of probabilities. Bluffing is an art.

3. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

Bayless is just an idiot. He rambles and raves like Stephen A. Smith, but doesn't have the basketball knowledge. Paige can be humorous, but I don't paticularly like him. Cold Pizza is a C-level show, while PTI, Around The Horn, Sportscenter are all B-level, so I don't watch CP that much, mostly because Bayless is such a girl...

4. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Steven a smith...

Great basketball guy but not too sharp on football. He said the true measure of a runningback is super bowl rings because running the ball is the key to winning.

Well based on that eric dickerson, earl campbell, barry sanders shouldn't be in the hall of fame and payton sucked his first 10 years in the league and the bus just got good this year.

The reality is that RBs often perform worse in big games because the quality of defenses they face are so good. I don't care who you are if you are facing the 2000 ravens or the 85 bears you are not going to have a banner day.

The best RB still needs blocking which is why i think that position is a little over rated. Barry sanders had a 13 carry -1 yard playoff game against the packers in 1994. Even barry needed some help.

5. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

If you ever play poker for money for a few hours, you'll appreciate the skill involved.

6. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Jaws and hodge...

Let's not forget how hodge's career ended. Concussion!

Both jaws and hodge gave their opinions today about which QB they think will be the best in this draft.

Jaws said clemens, hodge said croyle. I love brodie but maybe this is an indication of bad things to come. :suspect:

7. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

i was telling Gunny in a AIM convo the other day, Stephan A. Smith only really knows about Basketball (and he does have good knowledge on that). Everything else, he's lacking in.

8. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

I see alot of parrells between football and poker.
    There is nothing athletic about poker but you can't say that football doesn't require a certain degree of luck at times. You want to talk probabilities? How about down and distance? I'm not a huge poker fan but hold 'em is a fun game. If you put stakes on a game and make it a competition I believe that constitutes sport. This is all off the top of my head as I'm not citing sources but I think most would be inclined to agree with this reasoning.

9. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

Almost every activity we do requires luck. Therefore, you can draw parrells between gambling and everything.

10. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

except i will never lose $30,000 in one sitting.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar