Woolfolk Attempting to Build Confidence

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Jul 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: CB Andre Woolfolk is hoping to use this off-season to improve his game, expectations and overall image. "I’m basically trying to build some consistency," Woolfolk said. "So the coaches can give me a chance to get back out there and play again." The first-round pick of the 2003 draft enters the final year of his contract and wants to build up the confidence of those around him. "I’m working on a new impression," Woolfolk said. "I think there is a mark on me right now and I am trying [to] build up everyone’s confidence around me." The five year veteran said he looked at the signing of Nick Harper and Kelly Herndon as competition and a learning experience by taking some of the knowledge that the veterans have and put them into his game.

View full article
    What do you think about this story? post your comments below.

2. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

How embarassing is it that, even after another 1st round pick CB gets suspended for the season, our other 1st round CB is at best the #4 CB on the depth chart. That's also only with Harper, Hill, and Herndon ahead of him. If Griffen stays at corner, we'll have 3 1st round picks at corner, two of which will most likely not be on the field...

3. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

Woolfolk better hope for an injury or 2 and better really make some plays in TC and pre-season if he is going to get a roster spot. At least Andre realizes that the coaches have lost confidence in him.

4. Titan_4Good.

Titan_4Good. Guest

Sucks.

Man he sucks :moon2: , release his butt and get help on the "DE" side to help "KBV!!!

5. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

I have to admit it also. Woolfolk sucks but mostly in coverage. In man coverage, he has always played too soft and in zone he just can't close well. He does tackle well though. Maybe we could hype him and trade him if an injury comes up on another team.

6. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

He's been consistent all along.That's why he's at the bottom of the depth chart. I believe the only reason that he's still on the roster is because of his contract as a 1st round draft pick. There is no way he gets renewed,I would have cut him last year. If we'd have cut him before the 1st of June we would have saved $800,000+.:rolleyes:

7. rcarie

rcarie Tac Head

I don't think there's much more they can do with him.. He's had more than enough chances to prove himself and continually comes up short. What sucks is that we blew a 1st round draft pick on him and didn't end up with squat... The draft hasn't helped us in quite a while aside from Young, as far as major contributors are concerned anyway... Jones has become a bust, Woolfolke, and others....

IMO, our drafting has killed us and is the main reason why we still struggle.

8. GOFIGURETITANS

GOFIGURETITANS Pro Bowler

Funny how he comes out the final year of his contract, Oh, I'm really gonna try now...

9. Titansfan10

Titansfan10 Camp Fodder

jones a bust? absolutely not, but a potentially wasted pick? Yes.

10. PickledMidget

PickledMidget Camp Fodder

Didn't an article just like this run last year???

Woolfolk has done very little for the Titans in his 4 years. I hope that he can change that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar