Woolfolk Attempting to Build Confidence

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Jul 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rcarie

rcarie Tac Head

Wouldn't that be the same as a bust?

2. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

It always gets back around to Pac.

3. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I think so with the possible exception of the Titans getting cap relief so they can use it on a free agent.

Either way, few teams recover quickly from a first-round bust.

4. rcarie

rcarie Tac Head

Yeah... I didn't really mean to get on the whole Pac issue... I was making a correlation to other failed draft picks and he was the first one to come to mind. Woolfolk seems like a great person and I would love to se him do well but I don't expect much.

5. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

I can't think of any recent first round picks that have been completely satisfying except Vince and Bulluck.

6. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

2nd rounders haven't been any better.
    What really hurt us in 2003 was not just Woolfolk being a bust but Calico didn't pan out as well. Brown hasn't that bad for a 3rd round pick but could have been better. The next year we traded out of the 1st round to get more picks and ended up with Troupe LaBoy and Odom in the second. Again, the first two rounds were not very good at least so far. We seemed to hit a homerun with Pacman and Roos but then again Pac has really let us down. Taking VY was spectacular but now there are questions about LW, enough questions we used another 2nd round pick on a RB. You expect to at least get one quality player each year out of your first two picks but we have had a number of years where we didn't even get one guy. Thankfully we have a our franchise QB and LT out of the last two years or things would be really grim.

7. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

And not many Free Agent signings either,
    that's why the rebuilding has taken so long since the big cap purge.

I know,
    :obvious:

8. dman050586

dman050586 Starter

that draft turned out to be horrible.. i hate drafting for potential sometimes. Woolfolk,Calico, and brown r all bad. No other team whats them. horrible draft for us that year

9. PitBull

PitBull Bred to Brawl

More woolfolk rubbish coming a few weeks before training camp just like every year...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar