woolfolk done for the year

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Fry, Aug 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

:spit: LMFAO. I deserved it.

2. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Brian is a hater!

A woolfolk hater!

3. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

I still don't understand..

In his rookie year #26 was the starting nickel on one of jeff fisher's most talented defenses. He was the starting nickel and first option off the bench if rolle or dyson got hurt. In 03 he played solid with one int, 4 passes defended and 18 tackles. So wtf happened on the way to being a good player? It seems like every year he fell a notch on the depth chart.

Injuries don't explain it and i don't think he was too stupid to learn. Why would a kid regress like that into a puddle of crap?

4. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

Coaching, and not understanding the strengths and weaknesses of your players.

HI Jim!

5. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

sounds a lot like Reynaldo Hill, eh?

6. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

Except Rey was a 7th round pick and meant nothing if he didn't make one play for us. Yet he has and was quite a suprise he had a better first season then Andre I think he deserves another shot due to injuries last season he will atleast be good depth with Finn stepping into his place.

7. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

You aren't talking about the same staff that drafts a Safety in the first round and converts him to CB are you? We are so short on those anyway....:rolleyes:

8. Brian

Brian Big Fan

You're kidding right?

Woolfolk had two "strengths", running and tackling. That's why he ended up chasing down kicks. That's all he could handle. We drafted a special teamer in the first round. Not a DB of any kind.

9. wg53

wg53 Starter

If Woolfolk was going to play on defense. He was best suited to play at FS. With that being said he should have remained on offense in college and stayed on that side of the ball.

10. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Can't blame the coaches..

Brian is right that andre could do little more than run and tackle but i don't think he is dumb and i can't blame the coaches. He has the same problem many tall corners do in that he can't adjust to the moves of a quick WR. His technique would never be good and he didn't seem to have good anticipation for what route was being run.

I do wish they had seriously tried him at safety because the dynamic is different. At safety instead of turning and running with a guy you have everything in front of you. They had to have thought about it but probably always held out hope he could improve as a corner.

We drafted a guy with little CB experience so there was a risk there but so did jacksonville when they drafted a division a 2 safety in mathis. It's just frustrating because there are so many good DBs that came from that 03 draft..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar