woolfolk has really fallen out of favor

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Fry, Sep 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fry

Fry Hatin' is what I do.

do us all a favor and hate vince.
  2. Riverman

Riverman That may be....

I'm going out on a limb with this but:

Woolfolk's first year wasn't that bad til he got injured- he came back and has played off receivers too much- still can tackle- but doesn't make plays.

Thompson's first year looked awesome- really brought it and had a couple of picks. Looked out of place and/or unable to make plays since.

Pac's first year looked good in coverage- too many penalties. Sunday he played off to much.

Fuller looked awesome last year- so far, not as impressive.

Hill showed great promise last year- tight coverage, made plays early. Started getting schooled at the end of the year and Sunday looked terrible.

Finnegan looks awesome this year- will it be the same story?

It's probably obvious where I'm going with this- I have come to believe that Schwartz's "schemes" dummy down the aggressiveness/instinctiveness of play-makers. I firmly believe HE is the demise of our defense. Other DC's do more with less than we've got this year and I haven't noticed the trend downward in other teams personnel ability to make plays like ours.

Just a thought.
  3. titan23

titan23 Guest

he was an excellent reciever at oklahoma, only played corner last season and a half. he was a project coming in and floyd knew it.
  4. maximus

maximus Camp Fodder

For what its worth, I put Woolfolk at FS in NFL Head coach, and he gets on average a pick or two a game
  5. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

it's become quite obvious that Woolfolk is a square peg and the CB position is a round hole. I cannot believe that the coaching staff has insistently tried to force-feed a player into a role for which he was not cast.

hell yeah,... If Andre is getting beat out by 2 rookies and is currently 5th on our Corner depth chart then by all means - FIND A SPOT FOR HIM
    whether that be Safety or WR or waterboy
    and if he doesn't fit there - cut bait
  6. Brian

Brian Big Fan

Forget the defense. If he wants to stay in the league he should focus 100% of his attention on being a dominant special teams player. It's his only chance IMO.
  7. Blazing Arrow

Blazing Arrow The 12th man

Every season Woolf is a stud on Madden. He develops well and gets allot of pics as a starting CB or as a nickle back. To bad this is not madden.
  8. Brian

Brian Big Fan

It's worth ****.
  9. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

Maybe some people are beginning to see the light. There is not a team in the NFL that has failed to develop it's players as badly as the Titans. If Brian Williams can start in the league at safety, anyone can, it's coaching.
  10. well i dont see how a project that big is worth a ruond 1 pick, thats just stupid
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.