woolfolk has really fallen out of favor

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Fry, Sep 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

It's easy to judge it now... Much easier to judge three years later.

2. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

Chris Gamble was deemed a project too, and he is pretty good. Matt Jones has made the transition too.

3. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

I don't really care where they place anyone on the depth chart. Woolfolk looked better in the last preseason game than Hill and everyone saw it. I'm not going to write someone off until they PLAY. I think Hill is one of Fisher's boys, like our guards and Sirmon. They won't sit even if they are outplayed. Couldn't hurt. Argument: Woolfolk is still the most experienced CB back there, regardless of injury. Unlike Hill, he can tackle. And he gets a pick every now and again, too. Having said that, I've been wondering since the offseason if we would try him at safety.

Schwartz clearly tells his DBs, "NO NO NO -- You're playing him to close. Ease on back a little." :grrhee:

Fisher must have read my signature this week and gotten pissed. I'm probably wrong, but it's striking me as though he's not going to do anything that makes sense this year.

4. moose4now

moose4now Starter

So, that's why everyone hates Kerry Collins. And, why so many others have turned on Fish. :rolleyes:

5. Really? 4 stars? Is that out of 5? :ha:

6. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

7. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Maximus has the idea.

When i play madden i always try to draft 4 quality corners because my third best guy will be my FS and my FS will be playing the strong side. Always have to have the best cover people and the most speed.

Regarding woolfolk i see him as an investment and it would be nice to get some return on that investment. Why didn't they work him there just for experiemental reasons? A couple of weeks in camp they had to know he wasn't going to start so why not ask him to learn the FS assignments off the playbook and start using him there in 5 on 5 drills.

8. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

because we signed hope, and lamont is so damn good, and the back ups are awesome. he wouldn't fit anywhere.

*note this is sarcasm.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar