Woolfolk Reloaded Version 2.0

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by SEC 330 BIPOLAR, Feb 10, 2006.

?
  1. Woolfolk is a bust and the 2006 season will only prove that further.

71.0%
  2. Woolfolk has had a rough time of it but I expect him to play at a high level in the 2006 season.

29.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. You folks know what. I will go on record right now saying: THIS YEAR after his first offseason workout (first healthy offseason) (physical and technique workout) since becoming a Titan, an improved Andre will emerge at camp, battle Hill for the spot and earn not only his teammates respect (which he has anyway), but all of you fans. I started to say non-supportive, but I can't make that claim. A few of you may be supportive and just disgruntled. My challenge to you is to come back and show just as much support as you do criticism. Now don't get upset, what else would you call it, whether you believe it is warranted or not, it is criticism. So just as I did during the season at the times he shined, I will ask for your applause (Arizona game in particular, Baltimore and Miami games also).

#1TitansFan, #90, adamwinn51, bigtitan53279, Carpy, ChitownTitan, CriticalTheory, Da Architek, dman050586, DynamoSupremo, FAN1, GoT, GoTitans3801, Jwill1919, LJ, Luca, Mex#1TitanFan, robert3093, SephirothSK, thnom, TitanFan4Life, Troupe4Prez, tyrant539, wg53

2. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

No way is Woolfolk a bust. He has contributed in coverage and tackles well. He was picked LATE in the first round.

Don't make him the scapegoat for an entire weak-a$$ defense. He gave up yards by playing soft, but honestly I don't remember him getting "burned" any more than Hill.

I'm mostly concerned that he appears "brittle" and injury prone. WU, I hope you're right about his off-season dedication. I'd also like to see the Titans get some new footwear. We have WAY TOO MANY high ankle sprains and MT fractures.

All you that are after him should take a stronger look at some of the "home grown" Titans that should be considered a bust. Calico, Henry, Fleming, Haynesworth's inconsistency, etc.

3. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

WU, not sure how I got on the list, but ok. I definitely wouldn't say I haven't supported andre, but I have definitely been disappointed. I certainly hope he comes back and wins a corner spot next year and impresses everyone, and I'll cheer loudly for him when he does. I just haven't seen that many good things out of him in quite a while. I'm glad he had three good games, but that's really not enough for me in a 16 game season. However, I'll be there if he does come back strong... here's to hoping...

4. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

[​IMG]

Woolfolks list are option 1 voters 3801. Ain't no thing.
    Just looks like an appeal to fans to stay on board to me.

5. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

So if Roos, a mid second rounder never became a starter but was a solid backup he wouldn't be a bust? If the LB or Safety we take in the 2nd round this year ends up being a decent special team player only they are not going to be a bust? Sorry, 1st and 2nd round picks are expected to compete and take over starting postions before they become FAs or they are busts IMO. I would even extend that into the 3rd round.
    If Calico can't break into the lineup as at least the #2 WR he would be a bust IMO also.

6. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

I think Woolfolk is in the same situation as Schifino was. He has outgrown the coaching staff, and would be better suited to go somewhere else and get a fresh start, either succeeding or not. He is a "TEEZER", he showes flashes of brilliance, enough to wet your appetite, and then he gets hurt, and this seems to drive the coaches crazy. I'm not hating, but, I feel he's just another one of those guys who will succeed out of their primary environment, his next team, where the expectations are not as high.

And this thread just reminds me of the same one we had last year before the season, where all the same stuff was said, but nothing was done in the season except losing out the starting corner job to a rookie.

7. Brian

Brian Big Fan

That's sarcasm, right?

:suspect:

8. Brian

Brian Big Fan

I think you've confused Woolfolk with Haynesworth.

You're right. The same criticisms were made last year. Woolfolk proved all of them valid.

9. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

true, but he at least shows that he might stay on the field, and then, boom, ingrown hair, or dislocated eyeball, cauliflower ear.:ha:

10. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Exactly. I think it comes down to what is a "bust". We've had this discussion many times before. If your definition is ".. 1st and 2nd round picks are expected to compete and take over starting postions before they become FAs..." then Woolfolk did do that. He became a starter even though he didn't keep it. Your definition doesn't acknowledge the talent level of who might have taken the starting spot.

IMO, a bust pick is a pick where the player has contributed little to nothing relative to what else could have been had with the pick. Only rarely do situations play out where there is an obvious bust.

I still maintain Woolfolk has NFL starting skills. I think injuries and coaching (?defensive schemes) have impeded his development. I'm not convinced Hill is any better nor am I convinced that CB is the best position for Woolfolk.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar