World Cup 2010, South Africa

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Yossarian, Jun 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

http://majorleaguesoccer.com/standings

I'm just not sure if you were kidding or not.

2. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

No worse than some center flopping acting like a PG knocked him 4 ft by barely touching him.

Difference is- often in the super-slow-mo replay in soccer, you usually see something that shows why the guy acted shot at first. Most of the contact looks bad or to the point where you'd at least go 'ouch' watching from the couch. But... they get up and play on.

I think most people would have to play to actually understand. You take a cleat to the thigh, get the bend in your foot stomped on, etc... you're going to go down and be in pain, if only for a few seconds, and at first it's going to make you look like you're over-reacting.

3. Smash

Smash 2017 Survivor Winner

Yeah! Like ehm... doping?

4. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

:rolleyes: More involved? You mean get better at an international level. What knothead would not want that?

I like soccer more than hockey or the NBA. In soccer you need more than one or two guys to win.

5. Finnegan2win

Finnegan2win hopesfall2win

I actually watched the majority of this game..kind of disappointed but maybe it's because I can't understand this offsides stuff. I watch the replays of when it's called, and like "ok makes sense" and then I see the same thing happen numerous other times including the lone goal, and it doesn't get called..meh. At least I don't have to worry about it for 4 more years..but sucks for Holland.

6. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

I thought it was a great world cup. Spain was without question the best team so things worked out there. They were Euro champs and the best soccer in the world is played in Europe.

Interesting that the 3 best teams were European but it was a disappointing cup for other European teams like France and Italy and i doubt if English fans are satisfied with how their team played.

Brazil gets their chance at home in 2014.

7. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Okay this is why I'm unable to really get into soccer. That World Cup Championship was so boring! I've tried really hard to enjoy this tournament, but yesterdays game was a perfect example as to why I still don't care much for soccer. I went into this years games open to what ever, and a month later, I want my money back. That match was lousy.

8. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

Great Final match with lots of one on one opportunities which are rare. Good drama and a last minute goal. Couldn't ask for more. Some great saves. Spain was the better team and sealed the deal. Kick Landon off the team and USA will win in 2014.

9. Smudger

Smudger Starter

English fans are very far from happy about the world cup. The general consensus is that the team is lacking in national pride, their £100,000 a week club salaries have gone to their heads and some of the team are no better than sulking children. One good thing is that England could enjoy the world cup after they were eliminated.

With Spain beating Germany there was only going to be one winner in my eyes but a part of me hoped Holland would do something. In the end Holland deserved to lose based on their tactics.

10. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

England are never as good as they think are. They never win anything.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar