World's best ever athlete does it again

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Carpy, Oct 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ammotroop

ammotroop Airforce MAN

Ok...Gloat dissin on my distance runners!

If you think these guys are just "jogging" long distances, your nuts. Go outside, run 100 yards as fast as you can, then multiply that by 1000 times and that is what they are doing. It take tons and tons and tons of training to get ready for that. For you to knock him on his athleticism shows you dont know very much about distance running.

Dont know why it bugs me so much, but for you to question him being an athlete is silly. Worse than silly....inexcusable!

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. ammotroop

ammotroop Airforce MAN

While what I think he is doing is AMAZING, I probably wouldnt call him the best athlete in the world. Hard to call anyone that. He is in the same boat as Phelps, Lebron, Pele in his prime, ect.

3. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

don't forget about Phelps as well...dudes a freak

4. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

ha our signatures follow each other.

5. Yossarian

Yossarian I am Him.

comparing apples and oranges people, apples and oranges

6. cajuntitan

cajuntitan 26.2ers can do it for hrs

It's like the saying goes: Runners have ball, everyone else just plays with their's. I think I will change my signature!

We might also not want to forget Lance Armstrong. Oh wait, didn't he say that running a marathon was the hardest thing he has ever done in his life.

7. Rebel Titan

Rebel Titan Oiler Cannon Ball

Actually runners and footballers have pros and cons that neither are accustomed to. Runners are straight line gradual turn "rythm" atheletes for distance. Cardio is a premium but if they fall or stumble it takes quite a bit for them to get back into rythm. Footballers, series of sprints, motor skills, change of direction runners. I did both in my younger days and found that running for distance was a bit easier than several all out sprints when playing football.
    For what it's worth I think soccer players are more athletic than both. Combines both sprints and continuous action over a long period. Motor skills are still at a premium to control the ball.

8. Tuckfro42

Tuckfro42 Frozen Donkey Wheel

How does Haille's hand-eye coordination, body control, upper body strength, leaping ability, etc. compare? It takes a lot more than running long distances at a ridiculous pace to be a great athlete.

9. Tuckfro42

Tuckfro42 Frozen Donkey Wheel

Yeah, but they lack the constant physical pounding that both football players and basketball players take every play. Continually pushing against someone as big or bigger than you is more exhausting than running around.

10. ammotroop

ammotroop Airforce MAN

Goodness, I guess people just dont understand what it takes to run a marathon in less than 5 minute miles.

It is probably the most grueling, physically and mental thing a person can do. Think about it. You are running 26 miles at a sprint pace. I have played some college ball, and continue to play other sports. Trust me, nothing compares.

And for those who dont respect it. Get in your car and drive 26 miles. Run a few miles as hard as you can.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar