Welcome to goTitans.com! Log in or sign up to be a part of the best Tennessee Titans fan site available.

World's best ever athlete does it again

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Carpy, Oct 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 2 users.
    • Tip Jar Donor

Gunny Lord and Master

Wright
    Moolah:
    $4,406
    And tell me where I say that makes me the best athlete? I am good at sports and I am athletic. I don't claim to be any where near good enough as a long distance runner.

And again this is about the best athlete, not who is athletic.
  1. TheSureThing WHY DIDNT YOU DRAFT JOHNNY FOOTBALL?!?

Washington
    Moolah:
    $11,018
    I added onto it..not saying T.O. Is the best athlete, but hes a better athlete then this guy.

[IMG]

vs

[IMG]
    • Tip Jar Donor

Gunny Lord and Master

Wright
    Moolah:
    $4,406
    You say it isn't about who can and can't do what but then you proceed to say he can't compare to Calico?

What this guy does is far more impressive in his field than what T.O does in his field.
  2. TheSureThing WHY DIDNT YOU DRAFT JOHNNY FOOTBALL?!?

Washington
    Moolah:
    $11,018
    no doubt.

but lets take CC Sabathia for example..probably the fattest pitcher in the MLB, but one of the most dominant, far more impressive then say what a guy like Chris Henry does for the Titans, would you say the 300 lbs CC Sabathia is a better athlete then Chris Henry?
  3. HornedToad10 Camp Fodder

Moolah:
    $0
    Alot of distance running vs. sprinting is fast-twitch muscles vs. slow-twitch muscles vs. endurance and commitment. Not necessarily fast-twitch is more athletic than slow-twitch and vice versa, but who can do both very well.
    • Tip Jar Donor

Gunny Lord and Master

Wright
    Moolah:
    $4,406
    I think we have different definitions of athlete and atheltic ability.

Henry would have better athletic ability
    Sabathia would be a better athlete.
  4. Deuce Wayne Damnit, I cant find my driving moccasins anywhere!

Martin
    Moolah:
    $15,644
    Or ask if Arnold Palmer is more athletic than Dwight Freeney. Gunny would probably say so. lol
    • Tip Jar Donor

Gunny Lord and Master

Wright
    Moolah:
    $4,406
    Gloat, when you get some knowledge and want to talk amongst men you can join in then.

Until then, stick to your bottle and rattle.
  5. Deuce Wayne Damnit, I cant find my driving moccasins anywhere!

Martin
    Moolah:
    $15,644
    Wow. Did you wear flannel and chew tobacco while coming up with that one?
  6. ammotroop Airforce MAN

Moolah:
    $25
    Gloat, you just have to learn to have a little bit more open mind. You have your beliefs and thats that. You dont ever seem willing to listen to anyone else. That is why people get upset with you. We all do it, just some more than others.

I understand why people would say that Distance running is not very athletic, but I would beg them to rethink that. Do some research. Try it out.

Basically I agree that I am having hard time with this Greatest Athlete debate. It is so hard to chose one over the other because they are so different.

I just wish people would look at what this man did in the marathon. It is AMAZING. People have been running this race for a very very very long time. He just broke a time that people thought was impossible.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.