Worst/Best TV show finales

Discussion in 'Movies/TV' started by nickmsmith, Feb 9, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

List your best/worst TV finales here..

Many shows drag on just to keep making money, so I literally can't name many good endings other than Breaking Bad..

Worst (as previously mentioned) Roseanne.

She does the classic ending, where the whole show was just a fictionalized telling of her life, and Dan is really dead. Bummer.

Most shows I've truly enjoyed fall so hard long before their last season: Scrubs, Married with Children, etc.

I love King of the Hill, It was always good.. but there was no real ending to that.
    Malcolm in the Middle, always good, but also forgettable ending.

It's rare for shows to not get cancelled before given the chance, or have been dragged on to the point that nobody cares.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

I will make a more in-depth and well thought out post later but Dexter immediately jumps out as one of the more absurd finales in recent years.

3. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Best: Breaking Bad. It ended the only way it could have ended.

Worst: Dexter. I could have thrown darts at random storylines and ended up with something better.

Honorable mention for best: The Office.
    Honorable mention for worst: Seinfeld.

4. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I wonder why...

5. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

Office was another show that I really loved, but just stopped watching, never have seen the ending to this day. I saw the Seinfeld ending in its original run, I was a kid, but it wasn't good then.

6. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

The Office died when Steve Carell left, but the last episode was great.

7. Finnegan2win

Finnegan2win hopesfall2win

freaks and geeks was good..

doubt many saw it

8. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Seinfeld, Sopranos, Dexter were all amongst the worst.

Cheers, Newhart, Breaking Bad were all some of the best.

I personally though the ending to Battlestar Galactica (Syfy version) was also great, but many would disagree with that.

I also like the ending of Firefly, which was the movie Serenity.

As Stephen King says, "Endings are hard."

9. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Seinfeld is sort of a toss up for me, it was a show about nothing. Of course it was going to end in some quirky way. I thought it was pretty funny how they brought everyone back for the trial and we pretty much realized what horrible human beings the four actually were.

Anyway, I also loved The Sopranos ending. Hated it at first because of emotions but looking back I now like and understand leaving it as a mystery. I think Mad Men will end this way in the Spring.

The Office and Cheers had great endings but Breaking Bad is probably the best I've ever seen. Psych wasn't a very serious show but had a pretty entertaining ending, with an easter egg from a certain other USA show.

10. 520

520 2020 GOAT CHAMP from 3-7 to champ

.I liked the end to king of the hill. Colbert report had a great ending.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar