Worst case scenario

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by HonoluluYogi, Apr 9, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

Adams and Foster would give us that

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

Yes, if he can cover a TE. This D is burned by every TE every week with the exception of when the opposing team doesn't need to use the TE because the WR are so open.

Agree we need secondary, I want Foster and a CB personally.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  3. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

We need a captain in the middle BADLY.....I think if you add a CB and a ILB....paired with Logan Ryan's experience and skill....that will go a LONG way in helping to stop getting gashed by the pass and getting beat up by average TE's and QB's.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
  4. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

The only other thing I would ask for in this draft is a pass rushing goon, maybe a 7th round wasted pick, specifically signed to kill Andrew Luck.

• LOL LOL x 2
  5. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

Amen...I can't take losing to the Colts anymore

• High Five High Five x 2
  6. NotoriousZEUS

NotoriousZEUS Rookie

Yeah, I mean LeBeau has usually always used average corners, and it's shown. I rather not go that route. Having a Pro-Bowl caliber corner is important in a pass-first league. Even in a draft as deep as this one, the likelihood of finding a solid starting corner in the third round is not as good as not finding one. Much less a pro-bowl caliber one. Our secondary was atrocious last year, and if our focus is not on fixing that, our focus is not on winning a Super Bowl.

Likewise, an ILB can be had in the third round, but the difference is they don't have to immediately start with Woodyard. Our CB has to.

7. TitansWrath

TitansWrath Pro Bowler

I tend to agree. If we trust Lattimore's medicals, you pick him at 5.

8. nytitaner

nytitaner Starter

If we could move back a little and get a 2nd rounder , we could pick up a Jarrad Davis or Cunninghaam in the 2nd round. Get a corner, a weapon for Marcus and an inside LB in the 1st two rounds. That'd b cool

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. NotoriousZEUS

NotoriousZEUS Rookie

That's the thing, I don't know if you can. Even if they check out on paper, chronic hamstring injuries are no joke. It's a risky pick, but for me there is such a huge drop off from him, that if you don't it's risky as well. That's why if we don't draft him, I feel we do have to gain a 2nd rounder somehow. Picking a CB at 18 might not be worth it with how close the grades are from 1st to 2nd round corners, so selecting later in the 1st or in the 2nd would maximize our value.

What I don't want to happen though is picking a CB in the third. At that point I feel we will have very slim pickings of corners to choose from.

10. CalgaryTitansFan

CalgaryTitansFan Pro Bowler

I agree with what you're saying. But I also think we have to take into account what they think about Sims. Can he start opposite of Ryan and allow a second rounder to be brought along? Woodyard's new agreement shows they're not married to him, so he could become depth. DLB also isn't known to take CB's early, but likes his LBs. We'll know in a few weeks!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar