Worst case scenario

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by HonoluluYogi, Apr 9, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 10ACTyrant

10ACTyrant Starter

Regarding Foster's instincts, I've watched the play that starts around 2:03 mark in that video and it never makes sense to me. I know that's different than diagnosing but there are a billion examples of his diagnosing ability in there already. His instincts will betray him at times and he will miss plays. He will also slaughter RBs and QBs with regularity.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. CalgaryTitansFan

CalgaryTitansFan Pro Bowler

JR has already said that while he wants team first guys, he also knows that you need straight up skill players who can ball out. JR has already done a good job building the locker room and expectations that they can bring in a guy who may need some help in this area, because the support system has already been built, and the culture. Doing that over the past year allows JR to bring in someone like this and have them be successful.

The idea of Lattimore at 5 and Foster at 18, if he slides that far, would be unreal!

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  3. Zack3000

Zack3000 Special Teams Standout

I just don't think foster falls to the 18th pick to be honest.

4. TitansWrath

TitansWrath Pro Bowler

We are going to just have to be flexible with that pick.

Assuming no trade down, I would take lattimore at five.

Then at 18, I have the following cluster of players.

Foster
    Ross
    Davis
    Williams
    Howard
    McCaffery
    Hooker
    Njoku

Many of these names will be gone. Several of them won't. Most of them fill a need on this team. Just gotta hope it shakes out your way.

I figure we are gonna see two rb, at least two maybe three, and two OT picks in the top 18. Some guys will fall.

5. Zack3000

We need a leader in the middle of the field. I wouldn't take the risk of losing out on foster personally..

At CB we just signed logan, drafted sims last year which I think will take a step forward this year, and still got mccourty.

If mccourty wasn't in our plans I think they would have cut him cause it wouldn't have costed anything and actually saved money

6. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

Colin McCarthy. Probably not the last, but....

People get shelved for the season because of shoulder injuries pretty much every week.... Eric Decker, Rashad Jones, Ryan Clady, Allen Bailey, Honey Badger, Braxton Miller, etc, etc, etc.

...but what would worry me these days is concussions.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  7. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

All those guys are soft, except Mathieu. But those aren't career Enders like a knee could be. But good research.

I worry about concussions too, from skill players. OL/DL/LBs are too dumb to care anyway. You think Reuben Foster is gonna contemplate his future because of concussions? Lmao. He doesn't even know what the word contemplate means.

But seriously, that dude was brought on this earth to do one thing and one thing only, play ILB in the NFL Goddammit.

8. abc2330

abc2330 Pro Bowler

Foster is the opposite of a leader.

9. Zack3000

10. abc2330

abc2330 Pro Bowler

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar