Worst case scenario

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by HonoluluYogi, Apr 9, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zack3000

Zack3000 Special Teams Standout

Lol ok. Link?

2. Zack3000

Zack3000 Special Teams Standout

This is what our defense really needs. Someone who will bring the hat every play and make offenses account for where he is on the Field.

• High Five High Five x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  3. abc2330

abc2330 Pro Bowler

Somebody else posted it, I don't care to dig it up. I'm not really getting a leader type of vibe from him in interviews, as opposed to someone like Jamal Adams. He's clearly a future coach in the league, he's just sadly not in a great position of need.

• High Five High Five x 1
    • LOL LOL x 1
  4. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

Who doesn't need positive influences when you're a poor black kid from a broken home in southwest Alabama? You just called out 75% of the 2017 draftees.

5. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Every tall cb is talked about with concerns to how well they will hold up against smaller quicker wr's. The flip side is for smaller cb's holding up against big and tall wr's in the red zone or on deep toss up type balls. Ramsey didn't really have a problem with it and he's a lot faster than Richard Sherman. Those long arms, weight, speed, and explosiveness all come into play too!

I think you miss the point of things like the vertical, broad, etc. They measure athleticism. If you think pointing out FACTS is grasping at straws, I'll stick with the superior facts and you can stay on the wrong side of them.

How can you tell me that Lattimore has superior foot quickness? How do you know he has better lateral agility?

And the fact that Ramsey is bigger, taller, heavier, has a longer reach, is more explosive, and knows how to combine those advantages to make plays should tell you a lot. Richard Sherman ran a 4.56 and a 38"vert at his combine and was graded poorly with hip stiffness and yet somehow, he's one of the best cb's in the NFL. Are quicker cb's better than Sherman even if they did have better footspeed and lateral agility? Mostly no! And Ramsey is a better athlete than Sherman, is heavier, faster, more explosive and has longer arms than him too! That tells you his upside is better than Sherman. That does NOT mean he'll be a better cb...but the upside is there.

And to again answer your question, that's why Ramsey is a top 5 pick and Lattimore shouldn't be (but probably will be). If you had 1 or 2 QB's and 1 or 2 LT's like we normally do, we aren't having this conversation and the expectation would be that Lattimore might go from 8-15.

Since Lattimore gets a favorable comparison to Janoris Jenkins by some, would you select Janoris Jenkins in the top 3 of this draft?

6. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Um...you will be hardpressed to find weaknesses watching highlight reels.

Watch some game tape when they play running teams where he is forced to read (vs Auburn for instance). You will see some plays you expect, but also some plays you don't expect. Notice how often he kind of shuffles his feet and doesn't go anywhere on running plays up the middle. Sometimes this allows OL to meet him 3+yds past the LOS. Even some of his TFL come from him getting initially blocked yards beyond the LOS but because Alabama's D is so good and don't let the runner escape, he eventually comes in and cleans it up. Unless he ends up on a great D like the Texans or Denver Broncos, that time getting blocked 3 yards beyond the LOS is gonna mean him getting blocked out of the play in the NFL.

Instincts are when you can see/read/react to what's coming before the ball is declared. Too often, he holds position and waits for the ball carrier to be declared (he knows who has it) and sees what they are going to do with it. He's a good enough athlete to get their first a lot of the time because Alabama's D is so good, they don't give up much. But what is he doesn't have that level of protection by the DL and contain of the front 7?

This kind of question is the difference between having an All-Pro ILB and just a good athletic one who's above average in the league. I'm not drafting a JAG ILB in the top 10. A guy who could be a multiple All Pro ILB and perrennial Pro Bowl...yes please. But his instincts - good or bad - go a long way towards predicting his effectiveness in the run game in the NFL.

7. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Um...do you think Hooker will fall to 18? Why is McCaffery on your list? Would you possibly draft him at pick #18?

8. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Do you think Ryan, Sims, and McCourty would give us a top 10 secondary with suppose Searcy, Byard, and Cyprien playing S?

Foster will help in coverage for sure, but we still have a rather large cb problem and you might notice the best defenses in the league have THREE cb's the quality of Ryan...not one.

Why would we cut McCourty until/unless we have his replacement on the roster. It's possible we don't take a CB in the first 3 rounds of the draft in which case, we probably keep McCourty this year. But if we aren't upgrading cb, we had better address other defensive positions and possibly add firepower to our offense (wr/te).

9. abc2330

abc2330 Pro Bowler

Wow.

10. 10ACTyrant

10ACTyrant Starter

well i've watched every play of his career so there is that part to consider

you talk about him looking better than he is because he plays with great talent... what is he going to be playing with in the NFL? he's always shown up in the biggest games against the best teams.

anyway, as i've said before i don't want him for his ability in the middle of the field, which is great... I want him for his ability to blow up the screen and swing game. he's also damn good in coverage. not to mention the fact that he routinely runs down backs and receivers moving toward the sideline

i think with his explosiveness and speed lebeau could have a damn good time putting schemes together for him

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar